GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something you may all enjoy. I've been busy with school and helping put this together and I hope that some of you can show up. I may be involved in Harley Davidson Tech Training at Wyotech, but during career day I turned in a resume to J&P in Ormond Beach and some of the ideas went over well. This is the program for the Goldwing Owners that I thought would be helpful and enjoyable.
Please show up, it's my first big test as an intern with no pay.

Goldwing Maintenance Workshop
TECH TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS!
• Complimentary Food and Drinks
• Introduction of staff, pre-ride safety checklist, recommendations on replacement parts (tires, oil), accessories and our company offers,
and a question & answer session.
• 10% off coupon to all attendees!
• Goody Bags! (while supplies last)
Junction of I-95 & US 1, Ormond Beach, Florida 32174
Workshop held at the J&P Cycles®
Destination Daytona Location
Reserve your spot today by calling 319-462-4817
or visit WWW.JPCYCLES.COM/TRAINING
WORKSHOP
JULY 17 from 11am-1pm (class #1) & 2pm-4pm (class #2)

If this turns out well, I will be employed in their Marketing Department.
Please provide a good turn out.
Thank you.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
I'm going to try to make it to,
1. Help you out
2. MAYBE learn something new, wife says I know it all already:eek:4:
3. 10% coupon sounds good too
4. I'm really interested in the demonstration on changing the air filter

·
Registered
134 Posts
OK, I'll be there for the 11 AM ,:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I signed on for the 11:00 AM. I'll send an E-Mail to the members of The Villages Goldwing Club to hopefully get you more clout. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'm going to try to make it to,
1. Help you out
2. MAYBE learn something new, wife says I know it all already:eek:4:
3. 10% coupon sounds good too
4. I'm really interested in the demonstration on changing the air filter

OBTom, where did you hear about a demonstration on changing the air filter, as that would be my highest priority?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
OK I signed up for the 11am one.

Will ride over with Richard....

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
I've got a new filter. I'll volunteer my bike for the demo:lol:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Gold Wing Workshop

Demonstrations on how to remove the air filter, oil and filter change, rear tire removal and pre-ride checklist.
Tech tips from the experts!

Hey Trike Lady...please esplanne what they truly mean...Do we bring filters and oils, etc and use our bikes as demo's or what ??

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a gentleman that is going to use a Goldwing as the training aid for the program and you'll be able to see how it's done. I'd believe it may be his own or possibly the one J&P has on display at the store.
I have a 1500, so they may not want to use mine.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
There's a gentleman that is going to use a Goldwing as the training aid for the program and you'll be able to see how it's done. I'd believe it may be his own or possibly the one J&P has on display at the store.
I have a 1500, so they may not want to use mine.
Ahhhsoooo, thank you...

Guess I will leave my filter at home....:cry:

·
Registered
944 Posts
My bike is about due a new filter so have them demonstrate on mine. I am trying to figure out how to make it there. As usual, Golf is the problem.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm guess there would be a lot of willing volunteers, but it is up to the gentleman who will be doing the demo. Possibly because there's a morning and a noon program they may use the house bike or the gentleman's own Wing.
I really don't know how he is going to present the workshop, he did one at the J&P headquarters in Iowa.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'll bet if they held this type of event say in late February they would get a much bigger attendance. I know I would attend that one.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know what to say on the timing, it is a tad off with everyone coming home from Wing Ding. Hopefully it will have a good turn out.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I will attend just to see the demo on the air filter change. Wish someone was doing a complete brake fluid flush, refill and bleed. My 2010 is coming up on 11,000 miles. While the air filter change is down the road, I always enjoy learning to work on mechanical stuff.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts