GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
One of the readers of these board is a US Serviceman in Iraq. He has been buying parts for his GL1800 back in the States so it will be all ready when he finally gets home.

My son Chris sent him a box of cigars for him and his buddies in Iraq several months ago.

This is what he sent in return and I think it was a very nice gesture considering everything else he has to worry about.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Awesome, put it in a place of pride.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Words cannot say how nice a gesture that is. Very nice.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Oh ! That is just too cool...... Way to go Chris. A Class act !........ :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
A great gesture by both Chris and the Marine.

You've got quite a keepsake there.

Dep

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
That was a CLASS ACT by BOTH Chris and the U.S. Servicemen!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

I can say from experience when folks who barely know ya do cool stuff for ya when yer deployed it is normally a very big deal and I for one as this Marine always treated it like a big deal. :wink:
Chris hit him in a vulnerable spot, his heart and soul. A little thing goes a long way. 8)

Nice job Chris, my hat's off to ya, chip off the ol' granite there. 8) :flg:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Very Nice. Thnaks for sharing that Hal. Chris, I salute you. As a vet myself, I know your thought AND ACTION really meant a lot to our guys. Thanks.

Greyhound

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
8) :flg: :yes1:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
That is just a great jestuire!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Tremendous. Absolutely tremendous.

Hooray, Chris! Hooray, Soldiers!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
wingnutzz said:
Very nice. I don't know why, but for some reason reading this brought tears to my eyes. Amazing!
You too?
For a minute there I was worried I was becoming allergic to the Flag. :)
Great happening!
DC

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
That's way cool....good deeds bring back good deeds..

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I love to read about positive, uplifting gestures that reinforce our humanity. Something great to think about when that car cuts me off later, or the person in front me slams the door, or any other discourteous, disrespectful act that diminishes us...please let Chris and the Marine know that their mutual kindness and good-will have gone a long way here!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts