0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apoligy to F4customs and Don Frank

Deleted.......

[Note: see apology below]

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
OnRamp, I suggest you contact f4 customs if there is something wrong with their shield. If it is a problem from manufacturing, or otherwise their doing, I am certain they'll stand behind it. They contacted me about a minor problem I was having - I didn't even contact them. For me, it was a minor fix and I appreciate their attention to customer service. Now that I think if it, I'll bet the vast majority of people selling/advertising on this board stand behind their products. Anyway, my 2 cents.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I was in contact with F4 last year. Trying to get to the bottom of the water pouring, in the rain, over the top of the window like a waterfall. Although they were polite, I solved that problem.

I did sent them some email about their poorly engineered vent, last September. Never heard from them again. I did send them another one, more recently, haven't heard anything yet. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the vent I got (paid extra for) is not for this window. It is pathetic. I am sure it will fit, correctly - if I epoxy it on. I just think they are being a little dishonest about this.....considering the long silence. They have had their time.

Either way, I've had it with this 'product'. Pay over 300 bucks, to have to 'make it work'? No....I don't think so. I'll be looking for a new window. Only this time, I know what to look for.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Thanks, how does it work in the rain?
I use Rejex a few times a year and I've never had a problem with water shedding. I'm not into spending alot of time cleaning and shining, so some bugs reside there for a few weeks at a time, but nothing has marred it. We hit the hailstorms of Kansas last year on the way to R-G 08 and it survived them, again unmarked. After 40,000 miles I'm still liking it:lol:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
OnRamp,

Have you tried calling them? Email most times may go unnoticed.

Take a few minutes and give them a call. Works better most times.

I never trust just emailing.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OnRamp,

Have you tried calling them? Email most times may go unnoticed.

Take a few minutes and give them a call. Works better most times.

I never trust just emailing.
I have, in the past. Like I said, they were very polite and listened to what I had to say, but didn't seem very interested in solving anything. That is why I had to solve the water pouring problem, myself.

I was just 'a little pissed', the other day. I will call, as soon as I have calmed down enough to have an intelligent conversation. Even so, Don Frank did not have any trouble responding to my email (phone call), until this vent thing came up. Then I never heard from him again.

Things, for him, may have changed since then and he is pretty busy going to all those functions. Still, I have worked with things that have to have close tolerances all my life. I would never put something, like this vent, on the market.

Note: Got email from Don, wants to talk. I'll let you know how this turns out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
F4 Customs

The e-mail you have sent does not have your phone number and if you give us a call we can try and solve your issue.
Donald Frank
President
F4 Customs
216-469-5596 Cell

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
OnRamp;

Looks like your on the way to getting it resolved. Follow-up with the "Man" and let us know how it goes.

prs

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The e-mail you have sent does not have your phone number and if you give us a call we can try and solve your issue.
Donald Frank
President
F4 Customs
216-469-5596 Cell
Email (phone number) sent.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can’t eat enough crow

Well….. Just when you think that customer service is a thing of the past….. Don Frank comes along. True to his word, he called. We talked and he resolved my problem on the spot. After a brief description, he knew right away what happened and what the problem was. Hooked me up with a solution.

Even though I had the local Honda shop install the window and vent (I was worried about the warranty at the time), one still has to be smarter than the window – in this case the vent assembly. At Don’s request I will keep the particulars private.

However, F4 Customs is one first class operation. Even though Don Frank, is on the road taking care of business, he went above and beyond my expectations (putting up with my BS) in solving this problem. It is this type of personal attention to the customer that is sorely needed in the business world these days.

Don (and F4 Customs) please accept my apologies for any bad PR I may have been the cause of. I can’t eat enough crow (and eating crow is not a natural act, for me).

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
WOW!

A Public Lynching to a Love Fest, quicker than you can say "let me deal with this Directly".

Glad it worked out. Hope nobodies reputation was tarnished!

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The POWER of this board.

John

·
Registered
284 Posts
nice to see owners / riders set up and resolve issues before it gets out of hand and bad PR is the only recourse you have .

:congrats:

:nojoke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts