GL1800Riders Forums banner

Something to Ponder

5K views 50 replies 34 participants last post by  bmoore106 
His handle, "24 Carat" pretty much says it all.

Silver spoon

In Ohio waiters and bartenders make a whopping $2.30 per hour. These poor souls are not, I repeat, not counted as unemployed. They are under-employed. They are deliberately kept from working full time so that their employers don't have to pay benefits or minimum wage. So they have to work 2 jobs.
Your first point, that Newsweek Magazine falsified a poll is without merit. How about CNN, ABC, NBC, and 20 other's polls that conclude the same thing? Has Hannity, Rush, or any other neo-con conducted a poll that I haven't seen? I just bet that if they conducted a poll in your gated comunity they would get a different result.
Electricity, safe to drink running water, air conditioning? I think you had better check with your fellow citizens in the gulf states that are still feeling the effects of a storm that happened 2 years ago.
Home ownership is 70% for whites. 52% for Blacks, 40% for hispanics. Do you think that all the apartments you pass every day in you Lexus are empty?
You remind me of the queen who said, "They don't have any bread? Well then, let them eat cake!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.