GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See if you can guess where this picture was taken. Get it right and I'll buy you breakfast if we ever meet.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Really "nice" palm tree Ed- :D -sure not in Ohio :snow1: going to get to a moderate 63F today in this neck of the desert :D

:yw1:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I keep staring at that picture... but I'm not feeling any warmer... :weeping:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Umm,, it was taken in front of a couple of GL 1800's!!!

John

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
My first guess would be.......The Sunny Beaches of Lake Erie in early January!LOL...

Looks like most of the shores around here. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
guessing

KEY WEST!!!![/b] 8)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great Lakes!

It looks like Lake Erie to me, maybe Presque Isle in Erie PA.

The next thing I see that looks like that will be the Keys, right after Bike Week.

Yep, I ran the snow blower again this morning; all safety gear, long sleeves, FF helmet, high boots, gloves and eye protection, in place. It reminded me of what I really wanted to be doing. :(

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks like the sunny California.....I sure could go for some breakfast. :eat1:

Hey! :idea: I could park my bike in a snow drift and get you guys to guess where it is..... NAAA it's been done LOL.

Warm weather will be here soon....please tell me it's so!!! :snow1:

:yw1:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have a winner!!!

It may be hard to believe but this picture was taken on the way home from Niagra Falls while stopped for lunch at a place that I can't remember the name of on

The shore of beautiful

Lake Erie in
Silver Creek, NY

Deadeye was the closest. Silver Creek is about 60 miles east of Erie,PA. Red you got the lake right but Deadeye narrowed it down the most.

E-mail me Deadeye and we'll see about your breakfast.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The smallest Great Lake!

Geeze, maybe I should get a GPS, if I am going to be 60 miles off.

Well, Ed the next time I will be in your neck of the woods will be in late July when my wife and I are going to ride around Lake Michigan, Lake Huron and the western end of Lake Erie. MacDonalds, I assume.:wink:

Your post is a great idea for a board like this. Most folks here travel extensively and are mucn more likely than your average guy to recognise an area.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One thing I could tell by the picture was that it was a he** of a lot warmer than it is here right now....So those of us in the deep freeze should at least win a littly sympathy from all of you where the temps. continue to be above freezing. :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No sympathy! Notice I never said when the pic was taken. Just for the record it was shot in late September. Im not surewhere they found the palm tree. I was surprised when I first saw it.

Deadeye, let me know when you are coming by. I'm sure we can do better than McD's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts