GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wing parked outside my place of business. My associates tell me that it is over on its side! Calm day, no wind and no rain. Bike was ALL the way over, past the crash guards! I could see left mirror folded over and windwings being crushed. Called police for report. In the meantime, people from Buffalo Wild Wings (across from parking lot where I work) come to me and say they saw truck hit bike and take off like banchies! Police are looking at their surveilance tapes now of the parking lot. Hope they catch the prick.

Damage:
Left mirror housing scratched all to heck...
Left Wind Wings broken

Gasoline was leaking, even dripping from mirror housing before bike was picked up. Not sure yet if any damage from gasoline yet.

Hate when this happens!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry for your luck.. Hope they catch this person soon.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
NICE of the people who came over and getting the tape hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's a real bummer and I hope they get the dipstick.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Sorry for your luck.. Hope they catch this person soon.
I guess they 'didn't see it'.:wrong: Glad it's just the bike.
Wonder if you could have kept it from rolling completely over had you been on it. :eek:4:I'd rather leave that to speculation though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
sorry to hear that. hope they catch the scum butt

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
It's a shame that with all the problems we have in one's life, we have to deal with *******s like that. Someone that would do that and take off is the lowest of low. I hope they get caught and charged with hit and run and anything else they can hang on them.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Had that happen to me last year - luckily it wasn't a hit-n-run. It's not a pretty site. It's amazing how well the bike can handle it though. I'm guessing a 2012 fat saddlebag would be busted but mine wasn't touched. (Have a spare set anyway, but glad I didn't need them.)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
OOOOOOOOOO that looks terrible! Looks just like a Walker Mower hit it. Sorry for you having to see that. Looks like you parked it over in the corner where it wouldnt get hurt!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
OMG... that really really sucks! What a shame something like that happens when you park it where nothing should happen to it.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,588 Posts
Sorry it happened. Sounds like another fine, honest american these days. He probably has no insurance and sells drugs for gas money, just a stand up kind of guy! If he's like the bunch around here, his license is suspended as well. :mad1::cus::mad1::cus::mad1:

·
Registered
513 Posts
bumper1,

sorry to hear this,,,sure is a bummer.
possibly the survelance film may show the truck,,but the chances of getting a firmed up plate number off the ol truck are probably zero to none,,,:(

as stated eariler,,the lugnut(s) in the 'ol pickup truck,,more than likely dont have a nickel's worth of insurance,,anyway and probably don't have two nickels to rub together if you were lucky enough to get a plate number off of the survelance tapes, from the restaraunt if you tried to pursue them.

the main thing is,it sounds like your bike is plenty ridable.and you didnt get scuffed up,,so get out and ride this weekend,,as if nothing happened.

take care,
bc

·
Registered
803 Posts
OOOOOOOOOO that looks terrible! Looks just like a Walker Mower hit it. Sorry for you having to see that. Looks like you parked it over in the corner where it wouldnt get hurt!!!
If people can't run over you in the street they come looking
for you in the parking lots.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Bumper1- It's been a week...hope the surveliance tape helped or the person(s) responsible were caught.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
The damage you have there can actually be repaired fairly easily using Colorite touch-up pens and some extra-fine Scotchbrite. They also have useful how-to instructions on their web site.

I usually avoid doing paintwork but after scratching my mirror housing for 12,000,000th time I decided to learn. It's not nearly as difficult as I thought.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts