GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with new sony mini-disc mz-s1. Recorded cd in auto volume control and it was way too soft volume wise for the wing. I had to run the mini disc at max volume and the wing audio at 26 to even hear it very well. I see there is a manual set for vol on the mini-disc but it doesn"t seem to work when recording for the computer. Thanks

·
Chard Member
13,051 Posts
I haven't set anything when I have recorded from my computer. Never a volume problem. I have a 707 which is last years model.

Make sure the auto volume on the mini is disabled for playback. That has been the cause of most low volume problems!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
For playback set the MiniDisc volume to its max setting, turn it up as high as it will go, turn off the Automatic Volume Limiter, you can consult your instructions on how to do it with your model.

With mine set like that, I run the Wing's stereo at 18 for listening at highway speeds.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Found the recording level has to be set manually. Recorded off many CDs and the song level changes with every one played. Some good, some to soft. Still love it thou.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sony MD

Very Happy with mine,I just got for Christmass.I set it at 27 volume works super for me.Even works in my truck ,also got the cassett to play it through.Can't beat it for the bucks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey Guys, tell me can you record a mini disc on a regular cd burner? would like to have more than FM on bike but not willing to spend mega bucks for cd player.
thanks,..........KC

·
Chard Member
13,051 Posts
KC........The mini disc unit is the burner/recorder also. You plug it into the your computer with the supplied USB cord to record. You can also record straight from cable boxes, TV, stereo, and probabaly many other sources onto the mini player/recorder.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
oz said:
Ho much does it shorten the battery life when you run at max volume?
USUALLY, high earphone volume has little effect on battery life, but, on a unit with an amplifier and speaker, high speaker volume shortens battery life considerably.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Bob said: USUALLY, high earphone volume has little effect on battery life, but, on a unit with an amplifier and speaker, high speaker volume shortens battery life considerably.
What Bob said!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The media is similiar to a floppy disk, not a cd as you might think. Can rcord up to 4 hours on the older style, and I think almost twice as much on the newer style. Use the dc adapter with mine, but 40 hours play with one "AA" battery is easy average. Use the shuffle and never get bored with the play sequence. Love it, not sure what is first and second place. My XM or Sony disk recorder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts