GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a wiring harness from Kennedy that will handle a Garmin Street Pilot III and a Sony MiniDisc Recorder MZ-N510CK. The woman at Kennedy needs to know if the jack for the Sony is a 2.5 or 3.5 and all the Sony manual says is "stereo mini-jack" and the Honda manual says "audio patch chord". Anyone know what the size is? It's larger than the one for my LG cell phone which has two black rings on it. One for the Sony has two green rings. A friend at Radio Shack says he thinks it's a 1/8" plug so I am totally confused :roll: I don't want to order the wrong thing and have to go through the return/reorder process if I don't have to.

.. Sue

G

·
0 Posts
The woman at Kennedy, who may only work in the office, is confused. Their Radarsets come with 2.5 or 3.5 mm jacks to fit various radar detectors.

The Sony MD player takes a standard stereo mini jack, same as any Walkman headset, and directly compatible with the AUX cord that came with your bike. Ask the woman at Kennedy what size plug comes with the MP3 player end of their GPS/MPG unit. It is the same.

Your friend at Radio Shack is correct. A stereo mini jack is 1/8 inch.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The standard stereo headset jack connector is 1/8", more commonly referred to nowadays as a 3.5mm connector.

The 2.5mm connector is the size commonly used on cell phone or cordless phone headset connections, and also is used on Garmin SPIII units in a mono version.

You want the 3.5mm stereo version.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I called back with the info you gave me and everything is ordered and should be here in a few days.

Thanks again .. Sue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts