GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local dealer today who had a bran'-spankin'-new white 2011 (I ain't calling nothing a 2012 that was made in early 2011, by the way) Goldwing on display. I've done some reading and some looking at this new model so I pretty much knew what it would be like. I asked him, "What has changed for this new model?" He explained to me that they'd moved the radio buttons to the left fairing panel and the suspension adjust to the right panel. I asked, "Sooo, what's under this panel (pointing to the black piece just above the fuel filler door)? He said, "Nothing!". I then asked, What's this keyhole for (pointing to the keyhole on the right fairing panel)? He said,"It opens the cover just above the suspension control buttons; just like the one on yours!" He also made no mention of any suspension update nor new material for the seats. Methinks someone hasn't yet done their homework.....

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
He probably didn't, many don't. I worked in a camera shop for awhile. Not a chain, but a locally owned, very successful business. The owner told us to learn all we could about each brand and model we sold, and we sold a bunch of different ones. He also said there would always be customers that knew more than us about ONE model because they were interested in it, studied it, and would come in to look at it frequently. He told us not to waste time with those customers because they weren't there to buy. Learning to tell the difference between tire kickers and buyers would be the difference between being successful and failing.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I've found that the salesman at the Honda dealers don't know squat about the Goldwing's, unless of course the salesman owns one himself.

But it is fun to play along with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts