GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave it a shot. Don't like it. The more I rode with the CT the more I didn't like it. Soooo, anyone in Maryland want to buy a just scrubbed in Perelli Euforia RF? Less than 150 miles on it.

I know some folks will say I didn't give it a chance and my feeling is that there are some things in life you just know if it's a fit for ya. A CT on a M/C is not a fit with me.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
At least you gave it a try. :thumbup:

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Same here, at least now you know. Just so you know, I wasn't convince a CT was for me until I had over a 1000 miles on it. I know, I was a slow learner. I would take that tire off your hands if you weren't so far way. I have two, new in the wrappers waiting for me right now, and I would not hesitate to grab another.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Riding on the Darkside isn't for everyone. You gave it a shot and found it wasn't your cup of tea. Nothing wrong with riding with what you are comfortable with. Fuse, ride safe on your favorite tire!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I really thought I would have posted the same result as FUSE. Now after a couple of thousand miles I seldom think about the Donlop winter sport. I'm not trying to sell anything, but my recommendation would be to give it a while longer.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You don't have to be sorry,you gave it a try,it wasn't for you,and you did no bashing because of it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I find that a CT is not quite as good at some things but much better at others. In most everything in life there is a trade off. You usually have to give something to get something so it depends on how important those particular things are to you as to whether you are happy with the change.

A motorcycle tire in my opinion is slightly better at a very rapid change of directions (curves). On a car tire, there seems to be a slight lag time (fraction of a second) before the bike will make the change requested, it is not as crisp and sharp a change as a MT. But I feel so much SAFER on a runflat car tire that it is worth the lag time for me. I really like being able to ride on a flat safely, plus it feels so much smoother and quieter, and the load range is so much better, and it lasts so much longer, and it doesnt cup at all..oh well you guys know all the advantages. It is NOT for everyone, but thanks for giving it an honest try!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
If you ride a M/T hard it starts going down hill at about 4K miles. I have not noticed any diff in the C/Ts i have ran from start to finish. But if they do not work for you i would run run one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I gave it a shot. Don't like it. The more I rode with the CT the more I didn't like it. Soooo, anyone in Maryland want to buy a just scrubbed in Perelli Euforia RF? Less than 150 miles on it.

I know some folks will say I didn't give it a chance and my feeling is that there are some things in life you just know if it's a fit for ya. A CT on a M/C is not a fit with me.
From watching your little video I bet you would like a non run flat. From all the reading I have been doing it would seem to fit your riding style better.

That is a seriously wicked video...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thats the DARKSIDE Police knocking on your door. Give up your number and decal or........................ :joke:

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
never knock someone who has tried try different tire before you give up so many choices and pluses way more than minus good luck n be safe whatever you do

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
I prefer the way a MT handles over a CT also. But having experienced a flat @80mph on a ROF and driving it another 40 miles, I'll stick with the CT.

Thanks for giving it a whirl.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm interested in the tire. Is it still mounted or off the rim?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Fuse.....VERY SURPRISED to see this! Sorry it didn't work out for ya. Let me know if I can be of help as a "wrench"....no diet pepsi needed.

Hey you gave it a shot and now you know for yourself........as I always say "Life is full of choices"

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fuse.....VERY SURPRISED to see this! Sorry it didn't work out for ya. Let me know if I can be of help as a "wrench"....no diet pepsi needed.

Hey you gave it a shot and now you know for yourself........as I always say "Life is full of choices"
Thanks Bulitt - I'm very glad I gave it a shot. There were just a couple things that bugged me that I couldn't shake. I'm not one that likes to get used to something. I'm very the generation of instant satisfaction. :)

Thanks again for showing me how easy it is to change. Took me all of 10 minutes of actual work swapping it myself. I'm actually not dreading turning a wrench again. Gotta order Fred's DVD set again.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
To each their own.

You are respected for your decision. Its all in what our comfortable feeling is.

Ride safe and keep it between the poles. :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Have you ridden your bike in the rain lately, Fuse? This was very much the deciding factor for me. We like to take the bike for long weekend trips and when it's raining hard, we still gotta get home to get to work the next day. I would quit riding altogether or get another bike if all I could purchase for the back of this bike was a Dunlop E3. In the rain, car tire=no problems. I also just like the way it feels but to each their own. You gave it a shot and I thank you for that.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
To each their own.

You are respected for your decision. Its all in what our comfortable feeling is.

Ride safe and keep it between the poles. :)
:agree: it's cool

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fuse,
I'm glad you were open minded enough to give it an honest try, and not standing on the other side of the fence ankle deep in concrete flailing your arms screaming "FLAMING DEATH IS A CERTAIN RESULT".
Unlike cosmetics and shampoo, you can't test everything on monkeys and lab rats.
eNough said.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts