GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2" on ground now at 11am and it's not supposed to stop till 8pm
I think today the xl250r comes out to play and wing goes into heated area.

·
IronMan
19,408 Posts
:surprise:GUESS ITS JUST A MINDSET THINGY ! :laugh:SOMEWHERE AROUND 80 TODAY. >:) THINK OF THE MONEY YOU CAN MAKE IF YOU GET/OWN PLOW. BOTTOM LINE IS THATS WHY WERE HERE. GOT TIRED OF THAT. STILL GO TO N.E. OHIO FOR HOLIDAYS TO GET MY YEARLY TASTE THEN HAUL AZZ TO GET BACK HOME. BE SAFE !! WHITE STUFF PRETTY BUT CAN BE NASTY TO DRIVE IN .:serious:

·
Premium Member
31,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:surprise:GUESS ITS JUST A MINDSET THINGY ! :laugh:SOMEWHERE AROUND 80 TODAY. >:) THINK OF THE MONEY YOU CAN MAKE IF YOU GET/OWN PLOW. BOTTOM LINE IS THATS WHY WERE HERE. GOT TIRED OF THAT. STILL GO TO N.E. OHIO FOR HOLIDAYS TO GET MY YEARLY TASTE THEN HAUL AZZ TO GET BACK HOME. BE SAFE !! WHITE STUFF PRETTY BUT CAN BE NASTY TO DRIVE IN .:serious:
It certainly is a mind set . I was just out in my 2wd Toyota Tundra. It's freaking ugly driving right now no doubt . But with caution it's easily not so bad. I look forward to all the seasons here and it's never boring . Snowing s hard right now I can barely see 100' . Gonna go put on warm clothes and riding gear and buzz around on little 250 till I had enough . Slipping and sliding is super fun but very exhausting . Besides the neighbors enjoy the show >:)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Did somebody mention winter? Not here in Vernon, VT. These pictures taken at 1:30pm today ( just now).

Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
31,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

37 miles 250r in snow is same as 1000 mikes riding slab on wing.
Holy man am I beat . Never left a 3 block radius .

Living in the winter wonderland

·
Registered
148 Posts
where is the dislike button. Guess some of us have to get use to that white stuff. Told the wife I would like to go to Florida for the winter , She told me "go ahead" . Nice pics

·
Premium Member
31,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where is the dislike button. Guess some of us have to get use to that white stuff. Told the wife I would like to go to Florida for the winter , She told me "go ahead" . Nice pics
Dislike button :laugh:
4-5" inches here on ground currently and it's slowing down a bit now .
Maybe your wife is trying to tell ya something , just sayin >:)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

Your wife and mine are sisters? Everytime I've mentioned moving south she says "have a good trip and don't hurry back". BTW I bring this subject up every year about this time....she sure is a stubborn gal she never changes her answer.

Allen

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Thanks for reminding me why ...

Thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons why I moved south :kiss:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even the puppy looked sad :laugh:
Our dog was having a blast today , now she is doing what she does best after a hard day of playin .

Attachments

Reactions: whisperwing

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Well we got about 3" in central Illinois. Just think this time last week I was on the bike in Arkansas having the time of my life. I figured last weekend would be my last great time til spring. been in garage all day working on bike adding new parts I got on black Friday deals.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Well we've been lucky in Southwest Idaho so far but today everything 3500 feet higher got hit with the white stuff today (I'm at 3000feet and its very cold rain here). So far it has rained for the last 3 hours and although the wind is blowing its supposed to drop into the low 20s tonight and will freeze. I'm praying the howling wind dries the road over the next hour or 'm screwed too. I don't mind snow that much but ice is my sign to shut the big girl down. Only about 3 weeks total last year so I'm hoping the roads clear quickly.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Really nice sitting in the Hot tub this time of year. You can sit outside & enjoy winter. Eases the PMS a bit here.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thanks bunches. If you all didn't want it you didn't need to feel the obligation to send over here to VT. We got 2"-3" and the highway boys wanted to test the salt spreader so now my road has had salt on it. Season officially done now might as well pull battery out and take it down to cellar bench and put battery tender on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
Yep 2" here also..............and I'm getting my trike back in one week..........salt on road, won't ride again till next spring.............Hoped to get at least one ride on my new trike, this season...bummer!

Ronnie

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.