GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my GL at a certain volume level (for example 8) the sound power coming from the speakers is higher with ipod than radio; the difference is +/- 1/3 less, may be more. I think that the level of the signal coming from the antenna radio is powerless compared with ipod.
Is it the same on yours GW?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have noticed a volume difference between audio sources, too. But my iPod volume level is lower than XM or FM radio. With the iPod volume at max and the "sound check" setting "on", the volume is still a bit lower than either radio source. Not sure why my experience would be opposite of yours -- maybe the quality or recording levels of your iPod music library are better?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep, same on mine, ipod is louder than FM, wonder the same as TexanRT, is the digital audio better quality than the radio.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Typically digital media will be better quality than radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
This was the same with my '05 too. I have found a couple factors are at the root of this difference. The recorded volume settings of digital music determines the volume output through your Wing's speakers. Radio reception is also a big one for volume output. I have 2 local stations I listen to and they are at different levels of volume. Hope this helps?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts