GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm haveing alot of wear on my front tire on the left side could this be a fork problem I don't see any oil leak The tire is a metzler and there's around 3500 miles on it With no oil leak is there anything else I should look for the bike has 49000?:eek:4:

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
It happens. Lots of theory as to why. I get a little more wear on my right side, but I may turn more aggressively that way.

But, what does it have to do with Soupy Sales or White Fang?

prs

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
One theory on the east coast, is the right slope of most roadways. If both front and rear are wearing about the same, chances are there is no problem.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
One theory on the east coast, is the right slope of most roadways. If both front and rear are wearing about the same, chances are there is no problem.
That is incorrect and I would ask... what about the left coast???

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
That is incorrect and I would ask... what about the left coast???
Ordinary roads are crowned in the middle to shed water. Driving on the right-hand side of the road requires a very small correction to the left, otherwise the bike would want to head "downhill" toward the shoulder. After many miles, this becomes apparent in the wear pattern of the tire.

Of course, there are many other things which affect wear patterns. And the Left Coast is a mysterious place in general so all bets are off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soupy sale

well if you must know my last name is campbell as in soup and when I was a kid every one called me soupy and one of my favorite comedians was Soupy Sails hense the nickname

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
probably the steering head bearing's, not necessarly their bad, maybe not torqued properly.
my front tire wore un-even also until I changed out the bearings, the nut that holds the upper tree should be torqued @ 78lbs, mine was hand tight !!!! :eek:4: had a horrible wobble also..

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
well if you must know my last name is campbell as in soup and when I was a kid every one called me soupy and one of my favorite comedians was Soupy Sails hense the nickname
"Be true to your teeth and and they won't be false to you.", Soupy Sales

prs

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I thought it had something to do with the earth being round vs. flat? :shrug:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Soupy Sales was a comedian.....

Click HERE to read the wikipedia page on him.

·
Registered
247 Posts
worked in a m/c shop that sold huge amounts of tires all bikes and all tires wear pretty much the same. its not just our wings. the right side of the front tire wears the most. go to any shop and look at the throw away tire pile. proof will be right in front of you. as to why it does it i stll feel its the crown of the road

1 - 14 of 14 Posts