GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the various GW electrical wiring plugs or sockets available for purchase?

In particular, I am looking for the connectors that would be on the end of a auxilliary audio cable and a 12v aux power cable.

Don't see them listed in any parts book I have access to.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Harry.

I did some 'googling' after finding out from your post that they are Hitachi connectors and all points eventually lead back to EC for purchasing.

Got what I needed.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Are the various GW electrical wiring plugs or sockets available for purchase?

In particular, I am looking for the connectors that would be on the end of a auxilliary audio cable and a 12v aux power cable.

Don't see them listed in any parts book I have access to.

Thanks!
Here is a great source for the Hitachi type connectors use on Japanese bikes.

http://www.vintageconnections.com/

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
I don't know how these connectors became known as Hitachi connectors by a few retailers. Maybe they made them at one time and the patent ran out. They are actually made by Sumitomo.

Electrical Connection is a great resource when looking for built up replacements for harnesses, and custom stuff.

If you are the "roll your own" type, Corsa Technic can't be beat. Their prices are so low that I buy a dozen of each at a time. Keeping extras in your parts drawer is great for when you need connectors for installing accessories.

http://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=47

Eastern Beaver is also one to bookmark. They have loads of connectors at a great price, as well as some nice custom fuse blocks.

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/connectors.html

Both of these companies also sell inexpensive crimp tools for the pins. (You need one if you are going to make your own harnesses.) Corso's is made by Velleman.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Larry.

I need several different cords because of the ends.

I plan on making a extension cable from the existing tap under the shelf, to the center pocket (where the radios controls used to be), then pluging in the proper cable for the radio I'm using.

Thought I'd dump a 12v cigarette plug in there also while I'm at it.

·
Vendor
17,415 Posts
Thanks Larry.

I need several different cords because of the ends.

I plan on making a extension cable from the existing tap under the shelf, to the center pocket (where the radios controls used to be), then pluging in the proper cable for the radio I'm using.

Thought I'd dump a 12v cigarette plug in there also while I'm at it.
If you call Electrical Connection, they also have the ones for the end of the audio cable.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Wow, that is a great price from Cycle Max. I didn't even know they carried those. I am going to have to call Gary to see if he can get the 4 pin version as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts