GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is a good reliable source for used parts. It would be nice to be able to get misc parts without having to buy entire assemblies of something. In my case I've had issues with my Hazard switch and replaced the spring. It works OK but not as good as I would like. Can't order a new one - you can only order the entire panel.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: CAWing

·
Vendor
17,829 Posts
Just wondering if there is a good reliable source for used parts. It would be nice to be able to get misc parts without having to buy entire assemblies of something. In my case I've had issues with my Hazard switch and replaced the spring. It works OK but not as good as I would like. Can't order a new one - you can only order the entire panel.
Send me a PM with your address, and I'll send you a "like" switch (mute, fog, c/c, REV), and your can use the parts from it to OH yours. The sprigs, swiper arm, and brushes on the insides are all the same.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I went on Ebay and found a couple for spares and parts very cheap.

·
Registered
814 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I went on Ebay and found a couple for spares and parts very cheap.

I looked at those. They are different. On my bike the cover over the spring has 4 wires. All of the ones on eBay seem to be a 2 wire setup.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided I'm tired of trying to work with the stock switch and am going to go with Waldo's fix (#2). Is there a good place to tap into 12V power or do I need to run a wire back to the battery?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I ran mine straight from the battery for a couple of reasons. One, it provides direct, reliable connections and it won't interfere with the operation of any other components. Two, the emergency flashers will work with the ignition switch off. The diagram in my post above shows exactly how mine was done, and it works great. Parts are inexpensive, I think I paid about $3 for the flasher, maybe $4 for the switch, $1.50 for an inline fuse, then some wire and connecters to make it complete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts