GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're making a trip to Padre Island and would take Suggestions for Eatery Opinions! Oceanfront Condo on Reserve! 1st week of December! Summer Vacation during Winter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We've been to South Padre last year in December :)

They have a pretty large number of good places. On the port side of the island, you gotta try out Marcello's right by the Lighthouse. It's awesome italian food.

On the island side Blackbeard's makes some really good burgers but I've heard the seafood is excellent.
Amberjack's was supposedly good seafood too but we never had the chance. Same for Louie's Backyard. IIRC they're on the laguna side.

If you get a chance and you find it open the Padre Island Brewing Company's place is a good place to end the evening ;)

Although they're a couple of mexican places on the island, we haven't found them to be that good - go figure. I recommend you take a ride/drive to Brownsville or really skip into Mexico for some really good time.

Make sure you don't bring anything ... ahem... :roll: illegal from there. They got roadblocks/customs/checks on the way out of SPI and some of those cool dogs that'll sniff anything :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
philipx said:
We've been to South Padre last year in December :)

They have a pretty large number of good places. On the port side of the island, you gotta try out Marcello's right by the Lighthouse. It's awesome italian food.

On the island side Blackbeard's makes some really good burgers but I've heard the seafood is excellent.
Amberjack's was supposedly good seafood too but we never had the chance. Same for Louie's Backyard. IIRC they're on the laguna side.

If you get a chance and you find it open the Padre Island Brewing Company's place is a good place to end the evening ;)

Although they're a couple of mexican places on the island, we haven't found them to be that good - go figure. I recommend you take a ride/drive to Brownsville or really skip into Mexico for some really good time.

Make sure you don't bring anything ... ahem... :roll: illegal from there. They got roadblocks/customs/checks on the way out of SPI and some of those cool dogs that'll sniff anything :)
good selection by philipx. I would also add Palm Street Pier (easy to miss). Very (award winning) good burgers & good all u can eat fish (fried again....but on vacation). The fried shrimp basket at Wanna Wanna (outdoor beach bar so possibly not open at yor time) is great! They sometimes will swap out a few more shrimp for xtra shrimp.

The pizza's at South Padre Brewing are very good and they have some more interesting topping selections. Good brew also!

we've been to S. Padre over 35 times....love the place. At night party at Wahoo Saloon (although I'm quite sure it will be closed in December). A locals bar with great bartenders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts