GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else dealt with Southern Honda in Cahttanooga..., either locally or out-of-state? I'd like to hear any comments (good or bad) about them and how they treated you. I'd just like to have an idea about what to expect <smile>

·
Registered
868 Posts
Brian,

They are good people to do business with. I can vouch for about 6 purchases over the past 2 years (mine, plus 5 others).

Good Luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great people to do business with. Everyting they say they are!! From purchase to regular services.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have bought a 1300VTX & my Goldwing from them No problem just a little slow at times early in the week better than the weekends.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Brian,

I bought my 05 there. Good folks to work with and they have great prices. About $1400 less than any deal I could get in Knoxville. Basically the 2 hour drive paid for my initial accessories. I took their add right out of the paper, went to the local dealer and asked him how close he could get. If you are within a couple hours I would definitely recommend them.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments, folks. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Great bunch of people and they now have an excellent service department. Probably have 25 or so GL1800's either 2 wheel or triked in stock plus hundreds of atv's. They recently started sponsoring our GWRRA Chapter V meetings. We had our first meeting there the 2nd Saturday of this month and were furnished a full breakfast. All GWRRA members are given a 15% discount on accessories. So if you are buying a bike there be sure and get your discount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought my 06 there. Wife and I took the bus down, rode the GW back to Wisconsin. If you do buy there, try to arrange to take delivery during the week as I did and NOT on Saturday.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
My experience has not been all that positive.

Trying to talk to a salesman from long distance is pretty hard. They are very bad about calling back, even if you leave phone messages, emails etc.

Next they try hard to sell you additional things, packages and warranties at higher prices than you can get from HDL. And they are very insistent. They would have you believe that you are getting the bike at their dead cost/hold backs/discounts incl, and the only way they make any money is by selling the extras.

When you pick up your bike, make sure that it is serviced and clean. Just trust me on this one.

On the positive side, they have some of the best advertised prices!

Good Luck in your search.

Bulldog

·
Registered
444 Posts
Bulldog said:
My experience has not been all that positive.

Man Bulldog, you look much.....umm balder in your avitar than I pictured you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Called e-mailed you name it i tried it but no responce. Had cash in hand ready to pick up but could not even find out what colors they had !Local dealer also said they would NOT work on it if i purchaced fron southern honda. OK if someone else but not them. I ended up buying a used wing and when i needed some warranty work a local dealer told me if i did not buy from him to TAKE IT SOME WHERE ELSE ! Called mother honda and the said there was nothing they could do. ( End of rant ) Sorry !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought mine from Volunteer Motorsports in Crossville, TN. His price was better than that at Southern Honda by a few hundred dollars plus they are friendly and easy to deal with. My experience with Southern Honda was just the opposite - call and never receive a call back; go to the store and stand around for HOURS waiting for someone to talk to you!

Volunteer used to advertise their pricing on the web site but I see that now they say "call for pricing". The web address is www.volunteerhonda.com. Call and talk to Omar or Charles and let them know "Steve in Jacksboro" said to call.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I bought mine from Southern Honda Powersports in April 2005. They are HARD to get on the phone, I made multiple calls, and spent much time on hold. Altho it was their dime, and I have speakerphone, so no problem there. Matthew was my salesman, and I offered to give a downpayment via credit card. He said it was not necessary and told me he has my color in stock. I told him I'll be down in 2 weeks to pick it up, but, changed my mind and told him I'll be there in 3 days. He said, "cmon down"....so I did. Got there on a Thursday, and got out of there around noon. Bike delivered as promised, no money down and we never met each other. I'd purchase from again, that is, if HAL doesn't have one in stock, like last time. :lol:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Good price but the store is very busy. They follow through with paperwork.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I will add / echo the very busy comment. As I was talking to the salesman,. I made the comment about the good commissin that they must make by selling so many bikes. They sold 5 wings the day I was there. Their salesman are on salary, Go figure. If you want to motivate a salesman, just toss him a bone.

It did take most of the day to complete my deal. Try to go there on a weekday, when the weather is bad.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought my Goldwing in December. Got a letter from Honda that Southern Honda had added another year to my warranty making it 4 years. Wondering if I add the extended warranty if it would be 8 years instead of 7? Richard

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I was going to buy my 07 at Southern but had problems getting the bike I wanted. Found the bike I wanted at Neosho Powersports in Missouri and they matched Southern's price. Great people to deal with. I even got a birthday card from them!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
My experience has been one of the biggest cluster f+++
I've every had in my whole life.... :banghead: :no:
Watch everything they do and then double check
everything...........
:cus:
Run don't walk away............ :crew:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts