GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all from waaay south -- Paraguay, where you have to look down to look north. No Gold Wings in sight but thousands of smoking 150cc two wheelers of all kinds. Middle of the summer.

Left Miami at 11:30 p.m. Monday and got here at 1:30 p.m. the next day. Is there an Iron Butt award for coach class?

It was about 90 Wednesday, will get that hot or hotter today. High humidty. Like New Orleans or Houston in August.

Take me back to Miami.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Rev, you on a mission assignment? Whatcha doin' in that part of the world?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bob,
Part mission, part academic. I will minister at a church in Asuncion and also conduct some journalism training workshops, focused on investigating government corruption. I was a foreign correspondent for 24 years and still do a lot of teaching and lecturing on journalism and run a US government-funded media training program for Latin American journalists and media owners based at Florida International University. In addition to my pastoral duties I am on the journalism faculty at FIU.

Both Sylvia and I are misplaced Texans -- I was born and raised in Houston, she was born in Big Spring and raised in Arlington. We met at Arlington State back when it was still a junior college.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Southern morning

[quote=" misplaced Texans -- I was born and raised in Houston, she was born in Big Spring and raised in Arlington. .[/quote]

Well... you don't want to be here in Houston right now. Temps expected to slam down into the lower 60's with a chance of rain tonight. The only thing helping me get past this severe weather is the promise of sunny skies tomorrow!

I just bought a new (to me) '02 Orange GL1800 and can't wait to give her a try. Only got to put 2 miles on it. : :?

·
Registered
824 Posts
The Rev said:
Hey Bob,

Both Sylvia and I are misplaced Texans -- I was born and raised in Houston, she was born in Big Spring and raised in Arlington. We met at Arlington State back when it was still a junior college.
Chuck, evidently you've been gone from Arlington for a loooong time. Arlington State is now "University of Texas, Arlington". :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chuck, evidently you've been gone from Arlington for a loooong time. Arlington State is now "University of Texas, Arlington".
It has been a while, back then we used wood burning typewriters. But I found me a rite purty gal there who has ridden behind me for 45 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts