GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we went to Key west and went to the southern most point and here is the result. We got there and took this picture in front of the marker and moved the bike out of the way and didn't see the no parking sign and came back to a $35 parking ticket. So much for tourist appreciation.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Its all about the money at all the beaches now. All bike parking is gone watch were you park everything is metered now. Another source of revenue until they realize the tourist our gone.:wrong:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Well, we went to Key west and went to the southern most point and here is the result. We got there and took this picture in front of the marker and moved the bike out of the way and didn't see the no parking sign and came back to a $35 parking ticket. So much for tourist appreciation.
They appreciate your donation........

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
At least they didn't TOW it like they do around here.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Good pic's. They could have charged for taking a pic and then you would have still gotten a ticket! :wrong: LOL.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Gave my tourist donation 6 years ago and refuse to go back. Every parking spot within 6 blocks has a meter and every block must have it's own meter maid.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
So much for tourist appreciation.
Dont you mean, so much for tourists appreciating the area?

There's a big difference between parking in a "No Parking" area (apparently properly signed) and letting a meter expire. I have no sympathy for bikers (Goldwingers or otherwise) who feel it's their god-given right to just pull up and park anywhere they like, simply because they are on a bike. I especially get peed off when they park on the hash-marks between handicapped parking spots, as if the hash marks indicate special parking for bikes.

Dont understand how some folks can earn enough money in their life to be able to afford to buy a Goldwing, but apparently cant read something as simple as a "No Parking" sign. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
:agree::agree::agree:

I got a parking ticket several years ago.
Probably in the same spot you got yours.

BECAUSE I was parked in an no parking zone.
Go figure.

Is it too late to pizz and moan about they should have known I'm a biker and should have special parking privileges?

By the way I've been back several times.

The ride is mystical on a moon lite night

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hahahahahah - truth be told - it is NOT even the Southern Most point. Check a good map or your GPS. The real Southern Most is on the Naval Base observatory with no public access. So...you got fooled twice. This monument is a tourist trap.

If you photoshop yourself on the monument picture you will not get a ticket and your friends will admire you just the same.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

There's a big difference between parking in a "No Parking" area (apparently properly signed) and letting a meter expire. I have no sympathy for bikers (Goldwingers or otherwise) who feel it's their god-given right to just pull up and park anywhere they like, simply because they are on a bike. I especially get peed off when they park on the hash-marks between handicapped parking spots, as if the hash marks indicate special parking for bikes.

Dont understand how some folks can earn enough money in their life to be able to afford to buy a Goldwing, but apparently cant read something as simple as a "No Parking" sign. :shrug:

I Could not agree more. When I clicked on the thread, I thought the post was about "Key West" not someone whining about getting a ticket for breaking the law. Oh well. :shrug:

·
Registered
89 Posts
where did you get the map with the states you have visited/

·
Banned
1,844 Posts

You are missing the point.....He is a Goldwinger and parking restrictions
do not apply.....Why else would he disregard the sign.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts

And then whine about the ticket and complain that they're not appreciated.

I just spent the last few minutes looking at the area on Google Maps and using Street View to get a clear picture of the area. For several blocks in both directions, the curbs are painted yellow. No Parking signs are CLEARLY posted. Parking area's a clearly outlined for both cages and scooters.

If you can't see something as simple as a "No Parking" sign and then have the audacity to complain about getting a ticket, I suggest you stop being a tourist, sell your bike and any other form of transportation you have and stick to walking.

The nerve of some people....:roll:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
You mean you didn't drive onto the sidewalk area to get your photo?

There is parking on South St and on Whitehead. I don't feel sorry for your parking ticket because there are places to park.

Attachments

·
Banned
334 Posts
So you think they should have let you park illegally to show their appreciation for you going on vacation? Only ticket the "locals" after they memorize all of their plate numbers? Or should there be no parking regulations and everyone parks where and how they want?
You have got to be kidding?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would have thought the fact no other cycles or vehicles were parked in what appeared to be a "primo" parking spot might have been a clue!! Sorry, no sympathy at all here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts