GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern Ontario Summer Lunch Runs - SCHEDULE

The time is here to start organizing some Summer Lunch Runs, as opposed to the WINTER Lunch Runs in Florida. :lol:

Schedule

Date: Saturday, June ??/09
Restaurant: Falls View ???
Organizer: Shadow1 (Hal)

Date: Saturday, July 25/09
Restaurant: (details to come)
Organizer: PhotoGuy (Paul)

Here's the plan...

Anybody can organize something..., it's pretty easy. Pick a restaurant that you're familiar with, probably somewhere in your area, that can be reached by most folks within 2 to 3 hours. Preferably, it should be something "different"..., a place in a scenic area, or with particularly good or unique food, able to easily handle a small Saturday crowd of "wingers" where we can all sit together, paved parking lot, and a proprietor who wants our business.

Generally, lunch time should be 12 noon, with gathering in the parking lot between 11:00 and noon, to meet and greet, tell tall tales, offer feeble excuses for previous lunch indiscretions, etc, etc, etc. We may get 3 or 4 attendees, or we may get 20..., but I'm guessing it'll be something in between.

Everyone can do it, and here's all you have to do (and not necessarily in this order):

1. Pick a restaurant.
2. Pick a Saturday date.
3. Check with the owner to make sure we'll be welcome.
4. Post the information here.
5. A week or more before the event, get a head count.
6. Pray for no rain.

It can all be very informal and lots of fun. Depending on location, you might also want to plan a short ride in the area for those who are interested..., or once lunch is over, everyone can make their own way home.

For the Florida Lunch Runs, it's fairly common for many folks to ride 150 to 250 miles for lunch..., but some are only 25 or 30 miles away. Everyone has to eat lunch on a Saturday, so what better way than with a few of your Goldwing buddies.

So, who's up for getting the ball rolling? I have to scout around the Niagara Peninsula for a decent place, so I'll be posting something withing a few days. Who else wants to organize something. Post your suggestions here and I'll update the schedule at the start of this thread, with the "dates and locations" information.

:chat::beer8::beer3::eat2::eat1::chef2::chat:

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
As always Brian, I'm in! :p I am kinda busy for the month of May... but starting June would be more than happy to join in.
May I suggest a restaurant right on the the river and right at the bridge in Fenlon Falls Ontario. It has all the amenities that we need to have a wonderful lunch run. Lot's of paved parking, can eat inside or out, and though they don't have gator or squirrel, I'm sure that we could all find something to eat!
I can't remember the name of the place right now, but I think it is called Riverview or something.
Anyone that knows could chime in.

Shadow1

Hal

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Too bad we have "motorcycle riding hell" between you and I Brian. The 401 and the QEW! What a great place to ride a bike. Unfortunately every time I go to the USA I have to go that way.

I can find a nice place to eat for us for a date later, maybe in July.
Ron

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May I suggest a restaurant right on the the river and right at the bridge in Fenlon Falls Ontario. It has all the amenities that we need to have a wonderful lunch run. Lot's of paved parking, can eat inside or out, and though they don't have gator or squirrel, I'm sure that we could all find something to eat!
I can't remember the name of the place right now, but I think it is called Riverview or something.
I think there's a place there called the Fall View Restaurant..., is that it? Pick a Saturday in June (not Smokey Mountains weekend) and we'll do it.

I'm going to add a "schedule" to the end of the first message in this post, so let me know the details and I'll add it in.

·
Canuck
2,838 Posts
Too bad we have "motorcycle riding hell" between you and I Brian. The 401 and the QEW! What a great place to ride a bike
Hey, that's where I am. Smack dab in the middle of "motorcycle riding hell". That's okay - just adds a lil extra incentive to get on the bike and ride - north, east or west.

Brian, put me down for July 25th.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By all means, if you like, feel free to invite folks not currently on GL1800Riders.com, but please ask them to monitor this forum..., in case of last minute changes and/or instructions, and to help keep the head count close.

There will be places with limited capacity or parking, and if we think there will be 10 people and 25 show up, it could present a problem.

:thumbup:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Schedule (in the first post) updated...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts