GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to Southern Powersports on Sunday inquiring about an '07 ABS Goldwing and never got a reply. Not a good sign when SALES does not respond promptly. Has anyone else had experience with Southern?

·
Chard Member
13,050 Posts
You and about a million other people sent them the same e mail about 07's! LOL.... Great service and $4k under MSRP usually doesn't go together.

Your complaint seems to be common with them. Not just now, but all the time. Got a phone? Call them early in the AM.

FYI... No deals on the 07's from them yet. You won't see deals until the 06's are about gone. Was that your question? :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I was in the market in June of this year, same thing. Requested a quote through their website, nothing. Give them a call and speak to a live being. Ended up not doing business with them, as they didn't have the bike I was looking for in stock.

Called Carolina Honda, they didn't have in stock either. John said he would call back that day...10 minutes later, he called back and had located the bike.

Went down and picked up my Black '06 GL1800ABS the next week...that was June 7, now have 4,000 miles and loving it.

Jim

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red said:
You and about a million other people sent them the same e mail about 07's! LOL.... Great service and $4k under MSRP usually doesn't go together.

Your complaint seems to be common with them. Not just now, but all the time. Got a phone? Call them early in the AM.

FYI... No deals on the 07's from them yet. You won't see deals until the 06's are about gone. Was that your question? :wink:
I figured they must be busy since they claim to be the largest Honda dealer in the country. My question was that I was interested in an '07 ABS in Silver and wanted to know when I could fly out and pick one up. I also mentioned that I wanted a quote to have a trailer hitch/wiring installed and a taller windshield.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
They ARE busy.. I bought mine a year ago from them.. picked it up on a Thursday and it took 2-3 hours to get it out the door.. Best to call them early in the am, as the man said. They'll take the credit app over the phone if you need one, and get the approvals in advance. I'd suggest that you NOT pick up on a Saturday, unless you want to spend the day there; they apparently deliver a ridiculously large number of bikes on the weekends.. ;

I saved a significant amount of money on the deal, even after the plane ticket and hotel (I wimped out riding home, stopped in Jackson for the night.) ;) But I did get to ride it home. ;) It would have been a more interesting ride a week later, when Katrina was in town, but who knew? :)

BTW, watch out for the closers.. They ain't the prettiest gals you meet, but they do know how to upsell.. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts