GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some historic places in Southwest Missouri. Back roads and good place to eat.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Way to many places and roads. What area are you interested in?

I live in Grove Oklahoma right across the border. Plan on swinging into NW Arkansas too. Pea ridge battlefield in Ar. War eagle grist mill in war eagle Ar. Roaring river state park trout hatchery south of Cassville mo. There is a state operated free ferry east of Branson that crosses bull shoals lake into peel, Arkansas

Roads?? 90, 112, 76, 86, 37, 160. Off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Lamberts in Ozark just south of Springfield on 65. Crossroad is ff I think.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hwy. 125 from Fair Grove, MO (north of Springfield on US 65) all the way down to US 65 in Arkansas. You will cross the Peel AR. ferry and ride some wonderful roads.

Don't forget to stop by Gene's Gallery in Springfield. (http://www.genesgallery.com/

Hwy 123, Hwy 7, Hwy 23 in NW Ark are good rides. In fact any 2 lane in that part of the state is hard to beat.

As for history a Google search will yield many things for you to pick from.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Check out Bass Pro Shops in Springfield. It's the world headquarters and the mother lode of BPS stores.

Eureka Springs, AR is maybe 10-15 miles into Arkansas. Cool old town.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help.

Will be leaving Friday morning from Michigan

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
History, how about Pea Ridge battlefield from the war of Northern Agression ?? Hwy 62 east of Rogers AR and south of Pea Ridge AR. A very well done driving tour of the battlefield.

Roaring River state park , south of Cassville MO, is always a nice ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts