GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that use the 2610, how have you interfaced it to your GL1800?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Dick

·
Registered
757 Posts
CD...
A few of the guys have bought an extra power/speaker cord &
cut off the p/s end, & connected the wires to the appropriate
places, 12V pos. & neg, & ext. speakers.

Kennedy Tech. said they will have a kit available for the 2610,
GL1800 interface after the first of 2004.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
What is it about the 2610 that makes it different from the others disallowing use of the same available interfaces ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
The 2610 has all the 'externals' (power/Speaker output) in one connector, rather than separates ones as with the SPIII. I have switched to the 2610, and am very pleased with it. I purchased an extra 12v/audio cable, took it apart, and hardwired it into my SUV. I'll save the intact cable for use in my wife's car whenever we take it on a trip. Am waiting to see what Kennedy puts together to decide if I will use that product on the Wing, or wire up something myself. Am still surveying the field to see what sort of mounts people put together to decide how to mount the 2610 onto my Wing. I used a RAM mount with the SP III, but am not for sure that is how I will mount the 2610. I want something that allows me to easily remove it for security, but will hold it safely while I ride, and still looks good either with the GPS mounted or not. :idea:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all,

I am also looking forward to finding a 2610 with my name on it under the Christmas tree. I have been following diffrent post on mounting and intergration and it seems that many of us are waiting to see what Ram and CellSet come out with. I have also seen photos of many inovative ideas. Being lean on the mechanical skill arena, I am going to have to wait on a "plug and Play" solution.

Many of the garage built units look very very nice and some look like they are factory built or OEM. My hats is off to you guys and gals who have this talent. Please keep sending pictures of your ideas on mounting and intergrating to the GL1800.

Paul :blw1:

Given enough power even a brick can fly

[/img]

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've had my 2610 for about two weeks now... first time I've had a GPS with auto routing and voice commands (mostly, my GPS usage has been marine related using integrated chart maps), and I must say I'm impressed with the 2610. Don't know how it stacks up to the SPIII Deluxe or SP V, but I'll tell you its done an excellent job of getting me where I want to go. Only found two slight errors in the accompaning software. But in a recent trip to northern PA, it took me exactly where I wanted to go and brought me home without a hitch (9 hour round trip) - except when a road was closed due to construction and the 2610 ended up rerouting me to my destination with a snap. For those thinking of the 2610 as a Christmas present, you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
RetAF,

Do you know what type of connector it is or can you post or e-mail a photo of it ?

·
Registered
567 Posts
The plug is a proprietary design. pPlugs is looking at designing a plug for do it yourselfers. Garmin is said to be releasing a motorcycle mount and cable for getting audio and power to the gps. It may have a 3.5 mm stereo jack (female) to enable the owner to connect it to the aux input of the 1800 or it may have a 2.5 mm jack. No matter... we at Kennedy have numberous ways to connect it to the bike's audio system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts