GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since installing the latest software update, I noticed that using a space in the name of a gpx file is now allowed. Previously if you were trying to import a gpx file from a thumb drive and the file name had a space in it, the file would not show up in the list. Now it does and imports without a problem. Has anyone else observed this change?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same results as I was planning 2 different routes on Honda trip planner using a tablet . I was more concerned with ability to use the tablet. Worked fine with one exception, the one route with only start and finish; had to check "avoid highway" did not carry over. The other with 8 or so point at intersections showed as planned.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Im having a hard time placing the waypoints on Honda trip planner. it wont settle where i place it. anyone else?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had the same. Especially when using the tablet. I have zoomed in on and relocate onto the road lines. Using a computer with a mouse is much better than the tablet. One instance,I did an intersection of a state route and US route, then when it coursed to the next point I entered it was way off. Turned out the state route went with the US for a couple miles then turned. Had to drag and drop the point.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Since installing the latest software update, I noticed that using a space in the name of a gpx file is now allowed. Previously if you were trying to import a gpx file from a thumb drive and the file name had a space in it, the file would not show up in the list. Now it does and imports without a problem. Has anyone else observed this change?
Good catch.

Verified that mine also will now display/import/run a route with space(s) in the name.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, it is very difficult to accurately place a waypoint in Honda trip planner. Just one of many issues with this rather rudimentary trip planning website.
I subscribed to “my-route-app” which has an “optimize” tool that moves all your waypoints to the proper side of the roadway for you. Also, like Garmin basecamp, it is easy to zoom in on a waypoint to confirm it is where you want it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yes, it is very difficult to accurately place a waypoint in Honda trip planner. Just one of many issues with this rather rudimentary trip planning website.
I subscribed to “my-route-app” which has an “optimize” tool that moves all your waypoints to the proper side of the roadway for you. Also, like Garmin basecamp, it is easy to zoom in on a waypoint to confirm it is where you want it.

so youre planning your route in the my route app and installing it to the bike directly? no other steps?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Kurviger is easy peasy and has a button to place waypoints on the road.
so youre route planning with this then installing the file into the bike's nav, or is there a separate app that you have to use on your phone?

·
Registered
409 Posts
so youre route planning with this then installing the file into the bike's nav, or is there a separate app that you have to use on your phone?

From computer to usb drive to bike. If I remember correctly Kurviger asks what kind of file you wish to transfer. Can't remember if I ever chose gpx, but mine defaults to it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
From computer to usb drive to bike. If I remember correctly Kurviger asks what kind of file you wish to transfer. Can't remember if I ever chose gpx, but mine defaults to it.
thank you. trying it out now. the bike nav has changed every other route ive loaded

into it. hopefully it wont with this one

·
Registered
409 Posts
thank you. trying it out now. the bike nav has changed every other route ive loaded

into it. hopefully it wont with this one

It will unless you put a waypoint on each road you want to go on.

In Kurviger there is an option to add additional waypoints before you send to usb drive. You can select how many or just select a lot. Not sure that's the exact wording.

When you load it to the bike, the bike will just figure how it wants to get to the waypoints in order. It may not be the same way you want. That's why you need the extra waypoints to show it the way you want to go.

·
Registered
409 Posts
One, okay two or three more things. I find it best to work the waypoints in order from start to finish. Also zoom in and get them on the correct side of the road or it will route you all over the place. When finished use the place waypoints on road just to zero it in a little better.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
One, okay two or three more things. I find it best to work the waypoints in order from start to finish. Also zoom in and get them on the correct side of the road or it will route you all over the place. When finished use the place waypoints on road just to zero it in a little better.

Good luck
hate to kidnap this thread, sent you a message.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

Good luck
been playing around with it all day. i like it so far. having some issues with some addresses but i look up the gps coordinates for them. when you export the route, which do you check off? track, waypoints or route?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts