GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called a trike shop in London Ontario to ask about a trike take off rear rim and diff. He told me $700.00 without a tire on the rim. Looks like I will have to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Your not kidding. $150 usually with a decent tire to boot at most trike shops. That's frigging ridicules!:no:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I have to find one just over the border to go and get it from. Any suggestions? Buffalo, or Port Huron area would be closest. I found one guy who had the whole rear end with brake, swingarm, rim and tire as well as inner drive shaft for 600.00. Still too much.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just called a trike shop in London Ontario to ask about a trike take off rear rim and diff. He told me $700.00 without a tire on the rim. Looks like I will have to go elsewhere.
Ebay has them right now for 350.00 for diff. wheel and tire included pretty much whole rear end.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Shop around, you can get a lot better deal than that.
If Honda comes out with a new model with a different RD and wheel, these things are going to go sky high.
I got a RD with the rotor and brake caliper form Ebay for 25 bucks, no one else bid on it.
Shipping was almost 40 bucks though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just got a 2012 trike takeoff from the swingarm back for 300.00. :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Total rip ... Taking lessons from honda canada?//

get a set off ebay and have shipped to a drop in Buffalo
I think there is a mailboxes unlimited there??? call and set up an account if you need to

·
Registered
85 Posts
Boppo,

And you purchased it from a sponsor of this Forum.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Boppo,

And you purchased it from a sponsor of this Forum.....
Yes I did and Tony is a real nice dude, When I get in the market for a trike he will be #1 on my list.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
That too much! Just over a month ago I got my a new wheel off a trike take off with TPMS and almost new tire for $225. I did not have to shop around much to find one for that price either.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
That too much! Just over a month ago I got my a new wheel off a trike take off with TPMS and almost new tire for $225. I did not have to shop around much to find one for that price either.
We are talking about wheel ,tire and the swing arm..big differance than just a wheel and tire..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I got mine from Hondasrus in AZ . A brand new 2010 trike off, swing arm back, wheel,tire,caliper, rotor and dif zero miles. for $317 shipped to the door.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Try contacting
Wingfart
Contributing Member

I just picked up some stuff like that from him and he was a pleasure to deal with.
Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts