I recently ask the same question and got a ton of good information from the board. Plow through all of the posts, and you'll find everything you need to know. And it is not that difficult, but do read all about disconnecting the electrical connection under the panel that connects to the display buttons.
1. Pop off the speaker grilles
2. Pop out (2) black trim clips
3. Take out two bolts. Hold on to them if they drop in the fairing you will never see them again.
4. From the throttle side under the meter panel disconnect the 4 pin connector. Pull on the connector, not the wires while releasing the catch.
5. Pull up from the end nearest the seat. There are bosses pushed in to grommets.
When you reinstall don't forget to hook the 4 pin connector back up. Hold on to bolts. Make sure the speaker grilles are inserted properly. If they are not you will find out at about 60mph.
Joe, a little more detail for you:
After you pop out the grills, you will see an allen head screw down low and deep in the corner on each side. Remove these. Also pop up the trim around the key switch. It'll just pop up. Then pull up and back on the whole dash enough to loosen so you can get at the connector under and in front of the display. That's about it. You'll see that their will be one speaker screw that is tough to get at. You can kinda pry the speaker box downwards to get at it.
Stuff the boxes with pillow stuffing before adding in your new speakers.
Hope this helps some.
Take care, Eric