GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my stock speakers from my 05 wing because they start distorting when I turn the volume way up and need some suggestions. I have plenty of volume with my GPS that has a mp3 player and sattelite, but I just want some speakers that won't break up when volume is high. I tried to have electrical connections to give me an idea but I called them and they never got back to me. I am not sure if I really need a amp or not and that is why I am asking my fellow riders for some input.

Thanks,

Vince

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
I'm no expert, but I think it's the amp that distorts, not the speakers. Very weak audio system! :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have an amp at the moment, just the stock front speakers and it sounds like they might be blown or somthing when i raise the volume to high.

Thanks,

Vince

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I will have to give electrical connections a call again (since I got no replies). I just hope this time one of there techs are in so I don't have to wait for them to call me back.

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Vinnman said:
I guess I will have to give electrical connections a call again (since I got no replies). I just hope this time one of there techs are in so I don't have to wait for them to call me back.
I'll still bet it's your amp, not the speakers. The audio system on the "01-'05 is weak. Yes, you already have a amp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just talked with a tech from EC and I purchased some polk speakers and amp and they said that should help alot with my sound.

Thanks,

Vince

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where is EC and do they have a web page.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Near Jackson

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lewis/EC I sent you a pm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts