GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I am just missing something. And yes, I have the volume all the way up on the phone.;)

when I play the FM volume it is fine. As soon as i switch to AUX the volume goes about in half. With it plugged in and on I moved the pin plug and the wire in the left pocket but the volume did not change.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the problem.....but some of my songs play louder than others. Maybe its the type of download? Most of my music can be played at 14 or 15 but a few have to be 20 or better

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
To equalize the volume on the iPod and iPhone you need to have SOUND CHECK turned on in both iTunes and on the iPod.

However, the bad news is it only works on stuff you import into iTunes AFTER you turn sound check on. You may need to import all of your music again.

There are programs out there that will take your MP3 files and make them all the same volume, but I have not yet found one that rewrites the MP3 without distortion.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The iPod (similar to iPhone) has 2 volume settings. One is for the headphones, another is in the SETTINGS in the Master Volume area. Make sure both are turned up.

You may also need to turn off the VOLUME LIMIT.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I should have mentioned that my volume had been fine about 3 weeks ago. I also have a Bose Sound Dock and the volume has not changed on this unit. I have checked the volume settings on my Iphone and they all look to be OK. I tried to find the "Master Volume" link but was not successful. Still open to suggestions, thanks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You might borrow and try another iPhone or iPod and see what happens with it. If it works, compare settings. Hopefully it is the settings and not the iPhone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow up

I am still having low volume. The interesting thing though is that when I plug in my headphones to my Iphone there is no decrease in volume. So it not the plug connectivity. Next time I visit my son I will try his IPhone and see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Depending on what is plugged in where . . .

When you look at your iPhone you can adjust the level of the "speaker" built into the phone. When you have a headset plugged in, there is another volume that also needs to be adjusted for the headphones.

It's possible you need to adjust the level when plugged or un-plugged?

If you are getting the sound from the bottom plug then there shouldn't be a problem but as mentioned, iTunes can control all music volume and you might have older music that is at a lower level.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Checked it with another ipod and worked fine.

Finally figured out it was my silicone cover and it was not letting me connect correctly.:shock:

Live and learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts