GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 sound system is hands over my 02, especially with the iPOD on line. The issue I want to address is the anemic rear speakers. The front are OK for now ( I will probably replace them later) but the rear needs replaced with a much better speaker. What is the majority using? Give me some ideas. I want a better quality sound and volume as well. I would like the rear speakers to match the stock front at least.

Thanks,

Bash.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Bash ,,,,

the problem with the rears is the enclosure they are in ,,,, acoustically, very poor compared to the front ,,,, the J&M rear speaker upgrades will make some difference,,,,,,,

to really make a significant difference though, begin with replacing your front speakers with J&M part# FSPU-GL06 from the GL-1800 page at www.jmcorp.com ,,,,,

These performance J&M front speakers are larger than stock Honda on the '06-'09 GL, but still fit the factory mounting holes and wiring perfectly ,,,,

·
Registered
458 Posts
I put a pair of sony 4 ways from walmart in the front-what a
difference.:thumbup: Theres not a lot you can do with the rears as they are a 4". I havent found anything for the rear yet thats worth the trouble.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Bash ,,,,

the problem with the rears is the enclosure they are in ,,,, acoustically, very poor compared to the front ,,,, the J&M rear speaker upgrades will make some difference,,,,,,,

to really make a significant difference though, begin with replacing your front speakers with J&M part# FSPU-GL06 from the GL-1800 page at www.jmcorp.com ,,,,,

These performance J&M front speakers are larger than stock Honda on the '06-'09 GL, but still fit the factory mounting holes and wiring perfectly ,,,,
John, can you put some type of padding in the back of the speaker to make them perform or sound better?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I put infinity 5 1/4 front and rear on my 02 huge difference. Did some trimming to the speaker mounts and then used that sticky tape stuff to fit around the speaker and seal it up.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
This might help, but it's an '02 installation. If what I hear is true and the rears are 4" on '06+ then you can indeed fit 5¼" back there.

At the bottom of my AudioFile Page are links to speakers that can replace the 4" in the back. Bear in mind, I have not taken apart the rear pods on an '06 yet. YOu can improve the performance of the rears, it just involves making the back part "soundproof" more or less.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bash,

I would also like to change my front speakers to a quality set. Also, how did you make connections for the ipod?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My iPOD is plugged into the factory plug in the left front fairing pocket.

·
Registered
205 Posts
go to the GL-1800 page of the J&M website at www.jmcorp.com ,,,,

there you will find the most efficient and best performing speaker upgrades for your Gold Wing GL-1800 or 1500 ((all years)) ,,,,,,,

,,, and they are made specifically for each application, (((not just automotive speakers adapted)) ,,,,, right down to the spade lug sizes to plug-in the wires ,,,,

JMJOHN ,,,, [email protected] ,,,,,,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts