GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a set of rear speakers. Is there wires back there or do I have to rip the bike apart. I've seen some kits that come with wires.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Nope. No wires. You either have to buy a kit that already has the harness, like the set from EC, or you can buy the harness separately. It connects under the seat.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
On my 2004 rear speakers were an option. Mine didn't have the speakers but the wires were there. I guess it depends on the year of the bike as to whether the wires are there or not.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
The plug in is there but you need the wire harness that comes with the speaker kit to connect it to the wire harness, you have to remove the seat, trunk inner liner, and rear speaker pods.

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
My 05 had the wires.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I need pictures and step by step on the resr speakers,

What seat the riders seat or the passenger seat

How does the seat come off,

Do I have to remove the luggage rack off the tour pack and the inner liner ?

Do the 2 screws under the rear pods need to be removed ?
why,

I did the front speakers with no problem, but the rear appears to be a major PITA on my 2006

(FYI) if you get the J&M replacements be very carefull with the center cone on the front ones, it will cave in if you touch it all, then you have to use a vacumn cleaner to try to pop it out

Thanks

How can a company who builds the best bike in the world, Honda, made simple maintenace and replacements so damn hard

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Added the J&M upgraded speakers to the front of my 2007...the sound is edefinitley improved at higher volumes...much cleaner. But be careful with the little rubber/brass inserts that the 4 screws on each speaker go into. If you push hard they will pop out. They can drop into the black hole under the shelter, and even if they don't vanish, they are a pain to get back into place.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you loose a rubber washer/insert, try a drywall anchor and matching screw , its cone shaped, and works great, how about some help wit the rear speaker install ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts