GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking about the audio system on my 2012 wing. Are the speakers designed so that wet weather won't affect them ie: rust
If so, what precautions should one take besides not riding in the rain!
Obviously washing the bike would mean getting the speakers wet.
Regards Carson
KYPD

·
Registered
267 Posts
They are as waterproof as speakers can get...think of them as marine speakers. Speakers on boats are made to get wet. Don't soak them with the garden hose when washing, but it's okay to get them wet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:yes1: I agree. Just got back last week from a wet weekend trip to Colorado. No problem for the speakers after three days of rain, sleet and snow.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
They are designed to get wet. I have put my water hose directly on the speakers numerous times.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, however they don't really answer my question.
Regards Carson
KYPD
Huh? Reread your question..

Just thinking about the audio system on my 2012 wing. Are the speakers designed so that wet weather won't affect them ie: rust
If so, what precautions should one take besides not riding in the rain!
Obviously washing the bike would mean getting the speakers wet.
Regards Carson
KYPD
The responses were...

They are as waterproof as speakers can get...think of them as marine speakers. Speakers on boats are made to get wet. Don't soak them with the garden hose when washing, but it's okay to get them wet.
I agree. Just got back last week from a wet weekend trip to Colorado. No problem for the speakers after three days of rain, sleet and snow.
So just incase you don't understand. Yes, they are designed so that wet weather won't affect them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huh? Reread your question..

The responses were...

So just incase you don't understand. Yes, they are designed so that wet weather won't affect them.
Fuse, I understood perfectly the responses,so on that score I thank you for taking the time out to respond also. Maybe my question should have read: Are the 2012 wing speakers waterproof?
Regards Carson
KYPD

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Fuse, I understood perfectly the responses,so on that score I thank you for taking the time out to respond also. Maybe my question should have read: Are the 2012 wing speakers waterproof?
Regards Carson
KYPD
Yes they are waterproof, they did not change.

Honestly though, you asked the question on the 2012 board, the answers will be towards your 2012 model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they are waterproof, they did not change.

Honestly though, you asked the question on the 2012 board, the answers will be towards your 2012 model.
Honestly Fuse, thank you for the confirmation that the speakers on the 2012 Goldwing are waterproof!
Seems that those 3,800 plus posts of yours in front of mine have made you a bit of a know all in relation to all things Goldwing.
Thank you once again, honestly.
Regards Carson
KYPD

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Honestly Fuse, thank you for the confirmation that the speakers on the 2012 Goldwing are waterproof!
Seems that those 3,800 plus posts of yours in front of mine have made you a bit of a know all in relation to all things Goldwing.
Thank you once again, honestly.
Regards Carson
KYPD
Wow...Welcome, you'll fit right in here.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I haven't logged on in a while and am catching up on reading. Just read this thread and the answers are dead on. What's up with the OP?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts