GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a set of Diamond Speakers for my soon to be here(I HOPE!) 04 Titanium ABS. Where would be the best location for them front or back. My plan was to put them in the front and move the OEM's to the back. I plan on on replacing the OEM's with another pair of Diamonds down the road someday(if I like them).

·
Registered
337 Posts
definately put them in the front! And trust me you will like them!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Just a suggestion. I would also put the Diamonds up front, but I would not even waste your time putting the OEM's in the back. The first time those paper cones get soaked during a rainstorm, they are shot. The rear speakers get a direct hit when riding in the rain.
Larry

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered mine from a local audio/video store who just happens to carry the Diamond products. Put I see Electrical Connections now carries them.

www.electricalconnections.com

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LarryM

How about the Diamonds? Will they last in the rear? If not what speakers will? Or is it a waste of good money to put speakers in the rear? Can the driver hear them or just the passenger?[/quote]

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
I can't answer that one. I don't know it the Diamonds are waterproof. I just know that the OEM speakers won't hold up in the back. I was just pointing out that your good speakers should be in the front and use the back for fill and a little extra volume.

Many guys here have the Diamond's. Hopefully someone is reading that can answer that.
Larry

·
Registered
25 Posts
They will last in the rear. They are a co-polymer cone with a butyl rubber suspension and an aluminum tweeter. They aren't completely water-proof. You can't soak them in a bucket of water, but they will hold up to the weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts