GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Mark - in my opinion these are a quasi usable speaker that is going to be marginal at best. A year or two down the road and you're going to want to upgrade them since they will start to go downhill. I bought them nineteen months ago and now will be replacing them for a better quality speaker like the Polks from Electrical Connections or something compariable. Mind you I'm not a big proponate of using the speakers anyway since most of my listening is done with a headset anyway, but once in a while it's nice to use the speakers too.

I'd say go a better quality speaker that will sound good not only initially, but a year or two down the road too. Big Bikes just don't quite cut it
IMHO.

The installation is a little involved since your going to be removing the interior roof lining of the trunk and quite a few screws, along with the casing that house the speakers. Be careful that no screws get lost or fall down into some of the little crevaces and note which screws came out of different places, as Honda has a way of changing screw sizes for different places (here and other places on the Wing). As aways, read the instructions you get carefully and supplement them with information that you will also get out of your Owners Service Manual (which is always nice to have when you start taking any part of your bike apart). This is one of those installs that is nice to have all done and completed IMO, not difficult just a little involved.

DaleC

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the Big Bike speakers, they are OK but not great, next time I'll get a better quality speaker. HEY i bought them cause they were cheap so what can I say......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts