GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to go over and back with the bike and see most of the Island's highlights in a single day?
I'll just assume the cost of staying on the island is out of sight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it possible to go over and back with the bike and see most of the Island's highlights in a single day?
I'll just assume the cost of staying on the island is out of sight.
It is more than possible to take the ferry over with a bike, I don't recall what they charge but depending on the timing you can find some pretty good deals over there.

When I say timing I don't mean mid-winter, I've gotten rooms for as low as $79 a night in early to Mid-September.

Remember that the last ferry leaves pretty early and things also close pretty early over there as well so plan accordingly.

Oh and the island is pretty small so I think you can certainly knock it out in a day if you get an early enough start. .

·
Registered
284 Posts
ferrys run about every 20mins , be in woods hole early. You can check on line "steam ship authority (SP?)" and see what it will cost on what boats take motorcycles. If its really windy you may not want to go that day , its only a 1/2 hour boat ride but it sure would suck staying out side with your bike if its rough.... the other thing is comercial trucks are get on first so if your not lucky you get bumped to the next boat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts