GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse me for tooting our own horn (and that includes Lamont). It looks like we have finalized our plan and have accepted an invitation from Honda to display the VTX Chopper at the Honda factory during the Honda Homecoming. Rumor has it that the Jesse James VTX will also be there. Make sure you stop by and let us know which bike you would ride.

We have also been invited to come back to the factory in September to display the bike when Honda celebrates their 25 years of manufacturing in the United States.

P.S. I also mentioned the Nicky Hayden GL1800 Replica and they want us to bring that also.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats, Hal. You're competing with the "big boys" now. I had heard too that Jesse James would have his VTX there. A nice write up on it in the last issue of Cycle World. What's next, you and Chris with a TV show like Paul and Paul Jr on American Chopper? :D
I haven't seen your VTX chopper, is there a picture available somewhere?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Homecoming

Hal, you're doing good boy! Amazing how far your business has come in just a few years. I think you are having fun, and when you do that, the rest comes along. I do know how hard you work at it 24/7 and that you have made the work and us a part of your family. Pretty darn good!

I won't be at the Homecoming this year, but look forward to seeing the Nicky Wing at Americade and/or The Hoot.

Again, I think you need to work on Nicky to get some pics of him with the Wing when it is done. I know, you're working on it and are just going to surprise us!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to www.vtxoa.com and look at the top of the page. You can click on that picture and it will take you to all of the postings and pictures.

Since this photo was taken the bike has been taken apart and is being painted this week. We are also changing the triple clamp from O degrees to 5 degrees so the front wheel should be about 8 inches further forward.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i must be one of the few folks who are not impressed by jesse james.

how did this guy get a tv show, and further how does it stay on. couldnt discover channel sell more infomercials without him

loren

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Agree

I agree with you loren I don't care for his attitude at all. He does have some talent, but he's all about himself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Put me down too as not being a fan of Jesse James. When he left the two male fighting Pit Bulls in the shop one night so one could kill the other, I decided what kind of a man he was.

I think the other dealerships throughout the nation could take a lesson from Hal and his success as a businessman. I'll bet he has their attention with all this publicity.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like to look at anything and everything that is out there. The Jesse James VTX may not be what we like but it certainly pushed the envelope in a certain direction. There are some cosmetic things he did to the engine that I would do if we had the time. And putting the brake rotor on the driveshaft was unique.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I have to agree with you Hal about looking at everything just to see it. Honda sure did push the envelope in a certain direction with the Rune too. There are some neet things about it as well, just too much in one package for my taste though.

Speeking of the Rune the local Dealer still has 2, one on the floor and one in the crate.
It seems that in the Rocky Mtn region there are still 31 un-sold Runes sitting at the various Dealers. From what some tell prospective buyers tell me they don't like the basic model and really wanted the swept back bars with chrome wheels, but that may just be an excuse.
Then there are the ones who gave up their seat on the Rune when the SO found out their was only room for one and Vetoed their deals, at least that's what happend the last three times with the one sitting on the floor here.

I have heard that some aftermarket folks are working on a two person, read couple, seat and pegs that may help sell the bike to a few that have passed it by. Any word from over your way?

Jerry

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jerry,

I have saw a brand new miles Rune on Ebay for Buy It Now @ $20,999. If I wasn't getting married shortly, I would jump on it.

I like the uniqueness of it. I prefer the Blue or the Black Cherry. Meesh says a bike with one seat, is a ticket to hell for me...LOL I guess I will abide by my Princess' opinion (dang it).

Bulldog

1 - 13 of 13 Posts