GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday morning meet at 5:45 am eat at 6:00 am.
Mike's Place Family Restaurant
2402 Jackson St.
Oshkosh, Wi

1500rider and myself will be there. Many times jwen and JDBrider show up.
Sometimes we are blessed with Ken's lovely wife Leanne. I know this is
really early in the morning so this will be the first test. Greg and I usually
have to leave early (6:50) to get to work, however this Friday being Good
Friday I can stick around. So I hope a few can make.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Looks like the weather will cooperate George. I plan on making the ride :lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Love to , but can't . Devin committed to UWStout grad school and so the time has come for her to get a better car. So we are test driving one in the morning taking it to a certified wrench for look over and most likely bringing home a Nissan Altima . She will be too far away for me to keep her old beater car running and will need a more dependable one as her classes will require her traveling back and forth to schools to help children as a part of her degree.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love to , but can't . Devin committed to UWStout grad school and so the time has come for her to get a better car. So we are test driving one in the morning taking it to a certified wrench for look over and most likely bringing home a Nissan Altima . She will be too far away for me to keep her old beater car running and will need a more dependable one as her classes will require her traveling back and forth to schools to help children as a part of her degree.

Finally someone that can help you? Does that mean you will begin to grow up? I had best stay away from her. *I kind of like 12, especially now that I can write it.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
RTE's come and go. Time spent with and helping your daughter priceless :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Do to some precipitation don't think I will be able to make this one George

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think it might be a little slippery getting down the driveway....:evil:

We got an addition few inches after this shot but I plowed this morning and I think it should melt off the blacktop tomorrow and be good for a Saturday ride.:thumbup:

WP_20140417.jpg

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Do to some precipitation don't think I will be able to make this one George
What a difference 40 miles makes . No snow here and grass is starting to green up a bit .

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
What a difference 40 miles makes . No snow here and grass is starting to green up a bit .
Heard medford got 2 inches, not sure but think I got more like 5-6 inches :twisted: very wet and heavy stuff but looks like I should be able to ride Saturday, maybe even later friday :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Couple inches here in Weston (Wausau). Almost all gone now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
On my way - see ya there!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Just to make you feel better, we have been cutting grass here for 2 weeks. ;)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I could see me mowing in 2 weeks . I think by end of the day all lawn will be green again. :thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could see me mowing in 2 weeks . I think by end of the day all lawn will be green again. :thumbup:
If you spray it with the right stuff you can keep it brown. (round up works)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
If you spray it with the right stuff you can keep it brown. (round up works)
I mow 3.7 acres that's a lot of money to spend on roundup . Than there's dealing with Betty that gets really expensive .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I mow 3.7 acres that's a lot of money to spend on roundup . Than there's dealing with Betty that gets really expensive .
I understand. By the way 4 bikes at this mornings RTE. John, Ken, Greg and myself. We thought you may have actually slipped out and made it down

·
Registered
712 Posts
No mowing here quite yet. Ground is still white but roads are clear. Lots of slippery spots now in the morning where the days melt runs across roads and freezes overnight. Should be no issue for early morning ride tomorrow. We only had 4-5 inches here but I heard Minong and that area another 40 mile north had 15!!

Scott...

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I understand. By the way 4 bikes at this mornings RTE. John, Ken, Greg and myself. We thought you may have actually slipped out and made it down
Sorry , but no . Good news is Devin is now in her new car. Saturday is my day to ride sun up till sundown.
I took the kids out to our local wrinkle cafe . ( melody gardens is where all the old people hang out , aka wrinkle cafe ) while car was getting looked at . Now busy cleaning up old car and digging all the parts I acquired out of basement in shop.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
No mowing here quite yet. Ground is still white but roads are clear. Lots of slippery spots now in the morning where the days melt runs across roads and freezes overnight. Should be no issue for early morning ride tomorrow. We only had 4-5 inches here but I heard Minong and that area another 40 mile north had 15!!

Scott...
Dodgeville ??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts