GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Florida Prowlers.

I would like to tell you about a special RTE.

On November 7th at 9am there is going to be an internment at the National Cemetery of a homeless veteran. This man has no friends or family and died in a home with no one.

I don't have his name, there was an piece on the news a while back about this burial.

I called the Cemetery this morning and the young man there had the date and time but no name as yet. As he did not have responsibility for this particular burial, he said the name would be available when his co-workers came back as he was covering for a number of them.

I am going to this service. This man needs our respect. If it's raining, I'll go in the truck. If it is nice I will go on the Wing.

Anyone who wants to join me, Please do so. We can then go somewhere for food. Nothing planned, maybe even just a Cracker Barrel or anything. I just want to show respect.

If anyone wants to meet up before and ride in together let me know and I'll find a meeting spot, or just show up at the Cemetery.

I will cross-post this to Facebook.

Thanks and God Bless out vets.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Are you talking about the Bushnell cemetery one or is there one closer to Jax?

I am not going as I am still working for the man, but am curious...

·
Registered
225 Posts
That’s a great idea. Please post which National Cemetery the burial is at. I will certainly try to make it if in Jacksonville.
Bill P

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Bill. Let me know where, I've got when.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
jxbb3 What a kind gesture on your part. :bow: I truly hope this veteran is well represented at his services. Please post some pictures of the turnout.:flg:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys.

The Cemetery is off exit 32 on North 295, near the Jax airport west of the intersection of 95/295, North of town but if you are coming from south of Jax you may want to jump on 9B which runs into 295 around the east side of Jax.

There is a 7-11 just south of the 295 exit. I will be there about 8 that morning and leave to go to the cemetery about 815.

I know its gonna be too early for anyone coming any distance so if its too early or too far I completely understand.

God Bless our vets.

Reactions: BackLash and CAWing

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bill, I forwarded your post to Geno Jett, you will be pleased to know that the Patriot Guard Riders and the American Legion Riders from Jacksonville and some of GWRRA Chapter Fl-1X from Orange Park will be attending the burial. When I get the meeting place and time I’ll post them
Job well done, Bill
Bill P
Gator1606
Prowler 1606

Reactions: BackLash and CAWing

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE, UPDATE. Interment changed to 10am tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts