GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife just got home a little while ago, from the tomahawk fall ride event

she goes with her two brothers every year, a very nice family outing for them and one of her favorite riding events of the year

her brother paul, is a former milwaukee hd employee, and her brother chuck, is a current milwaukee hd employee

so why is this noteworthy??

it seems that during the night last night, a certain harley hero, took a large knife and gouged the paint on our valkyrie interstate, not just a normal keyjob, but a seriously deep set of knife marks that got all the parts, tank, side bags, trunk, etc, and for an added bonus, they cut the seat in about 5 places as well

the harley fan did a great job, he should be proud of himself

the bike was parked at a motel, amongst at least 100 other bikes, and in between her brothers harleys

a pure case of picking out a honda and cutting the RICE out of it

a police report was filed and ill have to mess with the insurance crap when i get home from the wots event

so, heres a special thanks to a certain harley hero, man you gotta be proud of that one, you da-man

her brothers were very disgusted by it. of course seeing a police car by a bike, it wasnt long before word got around the hotel, she got lots of support from other riders and some even told her they were sorry for the actions of a fellow hd rider.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sorry to read this, Mr.Loren.

Always respected a thief more than a vandal.

On the plus, you have a chance to design your new paint job.

Not quite clear . . .

Do I understand that you know . . . without doubt . . . the person who vandalized your bike?

If so, . . .

are you writing that he is an employee of Harley-Davidson

or

a Harley-Davidson rider . . .

or

a person who likes Harley-Davidsons?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Man that is a bummer. Maybe the he-she-it-they will get there just reward in the end...

The only thing you can really say is that you know that all harley owners are not like that.

I know your wife was and is still proud of her ride. I am saying this because you posted how much chrome you had already put on it.

Probably not much chance of catching the bums but maybe someone will talk and the right person might hear it...

G

·
This is soooo..... 2006 type of BS. People don't care about the private property of others.

When your in the present of animals, party with animals, drink with them, there's going to be trouble.
They get a little high, lots of friends around, and they see another bike they don't like and Bingo, trouble starts.

Like going to Sturges. Sad, but you got to prepare for the worse.

Even if your wife and her brothers would of caught this dude, I'm sure someone would of landed in the Tomahawk Hospital.

The bike can be fixed, and this is the reason we pay insurance premiums.

Good luck and be thankfull it wasn't worse.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Loren and Laura.............

THAT SUX !!!!!

Wait til the next time I see Chuck!!!! He should be embarassed........ :oops: 8) ( laura's brother lives in same town as I )

I hope everything with your insurance claim goes smooth..........

·
Registered
21,099 Posts
i really couldn't care less what kind of if any bike the vandal rode

it was some lowlife idiot and theres to many of them out there doing ALL kinds of damage

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
It's not the Harley riders it's just you ran into an [email protected] of a person. He will run into the wrong person someday and justice will prevail. Sorry for your damage. There are evil people out there. This person should have his toy crushed and spend about 5 years in the big house.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
hubert said:
Sorry to read this, Mr.Loren.

Always respected a thief more than a vandal.

On the plus, you have a chance to design your new paint job.

Not quite clear . . .

Do I understand that you know . . . without doubt . . . the person who vandalized your bike?

If so, . . .

are you writing that he is an employee of Harley-Davidson

or

a Harley-Davidson rider . . .

a person who likes Harley-Davidsons?

Hubert --- it's called circumstantial evidence :roll:

Look at the scenario and see if you can come up with another reasonable explanation :?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hmmm, probably was a "poser" you know the type...bike is 10 years old and only has 5 k on it. I do not think real bikers would do such a thing.

Makes me consider covering the bike at night, out of sight out of mind type thing.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Loren,
Any chance the hotel had security cameras? Perhaps a neighboring business? Just a thought. Good luck!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i wasnt at the event, i was home, so im going by accounts of thsoe who were at the hotel

facts

no cameras in the parking lot

parking lot had over 100 bikes

but only 1 honda, and that one got vandalized

this was a specific act to a honda , nothing random about it

and no, i didnt run my mouth to someone, i was about 200 miles away

the vandal took their sweet time

6 cuts in the seat, and every bike part was carved up several times, they werent in any rush

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
So sorry to hear :cry: :cry:

The motorcyle gods will get their revenge on the S.O.B. :clap2: :mad1:

later..Randy

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Whoever did that should have to do "10 years of hard labor in the worst hell hole on earth".

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hellhole on earth

Got openings in Afghanistan.
Dennis

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hellhole on earth

Got openings in Afghanistan. Sorry to hear about what happened.
Dennis

1 - 20 of 24 Posts