GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to thank ED norton(CT) for his reply about upgrading the phone software to the latest verison. Went to Verizon last night they flashed the phone with the latest Rev on my LG VTX 8300

Got it home, it paired up to the 2820 flawlessly with all the phone attributes as they are suppose to be.

Could't get the PC to recognize the GPS as a drive, so couldn't upgrade the software or map data.

Tried everything, I had downloaded the USB drivers off the Garmin site along with the latest software Rev.

I knew the PC knew their was a device attached, it just wouldn't see it on the PC

Called Garmin this morning went thru the issues with their software people. Like I told them all the user documentation refers to a USB driver disk, there was none in the box.

Went thru everything I did ( I am pretty keboard qualified) to include device drivers etc. manual access, loads etc

He said there is really no need for a driver disc it runs on windows drivers, and hadn't had this issue before, but they Garmin would fix it.

He did a remote access, some how did something and we fixed the driver problem in about 3 minutes.

THE PEOPLE AT GARMIN WERE SUPER, couldn't ask for anything better.

I then upgraded the Garin software, updated map source and installed City Navigator.

ALL is well, the unit is Greaaaaaat

Thanks To Ed and Garmin

Can't beat the help from the people on this board

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I just tried and connected mine to the computer. It appears to working fine. I see some folders and such. I do not know where to put the pics and all. Now I just have to figure out, what can I do with it now? I know I want to get some new icons and such, but I am still way behind on the learning curve of these things. And it did recognize the sd card inside the GPS.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Glad to help out.... :beer2:

Ed... :wink:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ED norton(CT)

Someplace it never donned on me regarding the SW Rev on the phone, phone is only a month old and suppose to be the latest and greatest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts