GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have never seen a post on here or heard from anyone that had problems with Speed bleeders. They make the annual job of bleeding brakes and clutch a 1 person project rather than a 2 person project.
Would you care to elaborate on your claims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the Speed Bleeders. Simplifies whole bleed !

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Dang! You guys,
it seems that everytime, I think that I have purchased everything that I need (or want) for my bike, I then read that one more addition to my baby would make it even easier, or better...back to the drawing board, we go, time to purchase the bleeders.. [I do have to admit that I have not yet bleed out my clutch fluid as of yet..2010 ]

Ronnie

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I have done only and many a "gravity" bleed on my clutch with great success on all bikes. Just keep a eye on the master cylinder level, never pull the lever and don't let it get low. Best done with a helper on the fill end.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Speed bleeders are a great addition to the Goldwing and are one of the first things I added when I bought the bike in 2010. I've never had any problems or leaks and have never broken off a bleeder. I usually use a flare nut wrench to loosen and tighten them which won't round them off. I bleed all 7 including the clutch at least every other year and most of the time every year. The first time I bled everything the old fluid looked like old man catheter bag urine and now it comes out barely darker than the new fluid I put in

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love mine, never had any issues.

Pro Tip - dont remove the reservoir cover before swap. DAMHIK

21 - 27 of 27 Posts