GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the manufacturer and part # to install Speed Bleeders on the 2018 Goldwing?

Any good or bad reviews about putting speed bleeders on the 2018?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The previous Goldwing Part# was SB8125L. I don't remember who I bought mine from.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm interested, but these are new calipers/brakes, so I imagine that the bleeders will be different.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
the part numbers for the previous Goldwings are the same for the bleeders. SCREW, BLEEDER (NISSIN) 43352-568-003

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
BullDog and Meeche at Shinhopples have them. There is a short version and long version, look over the locations and see if any of them are cramped for space, if so, get some shorties.

prs

·
Registered
80 Posts
SB8125 are fine. The standard length will fit just fine. You will need 5 (2 for each front caliper and 1 for the rear). Note if you decide to go with the L length, you may have a tight fit on the rear caliper because the brake bleeder sits right near the muffler so watch for that or just use standard length.

The procedure to bleed will be to bleed TOP left front using hand brake, then TOP right bleed valve using hand brake, then front left LOWER bleeder using the rear brake pedal, then front right LOWER bleeder using rear brake pedal, and finally the rear brake bleeder using the rear brake pedal. The reason you use the rear brake pedal for the lower bleeders up front is because the rear master cylinder sends pressure to the front calipers as well as the rear caliper but only to the bottom. The hand brake sends pressure to the top of the calipers on the front.

·
Registered
62 Posts
FYI - in Canada, I see FortNine has them... so... we’re after 8mm, yes?

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@MTShipp Good info I had Speedbleeders on my 2012 GW, just pulled the trigger on em for the 2018 GL1833 Tour DCT.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If you have a clutch, you will need 6. I have a couple extra, so 4 more will be all I need. Somehow, when I got them for my current 2010, I ended up with 2 extra ("L" version). The "L's" look like they will hold onto the collection hose better and the muffler cover does not look like it will be that much of a problem. I am unlikely to change brake fluid after the engine has been up to temp enough for the muffler cover to be hot enough to be a problem. I guess I need to order the other 4 I need because I will be wanting to change out the brake fluid sometime soon. I only have 4 months of faith in Honda brake fluid. My 2002, 2006, and first 2010's all had gelled fluid in the rear reservoir just a short six months after leaving he show room floor. The 2002 was gelled bad enough to cause rear brake failure. My second 2010 (aka.current 2010) got new brake fluid within a couple months of its departure from the show room floor so it never had a chance to gel.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
The comment about "same part number" got me curious and looked it up. The 2001-2017's seem to have the "L" and the "standard" on each caliper. I put a full set of the "L" speed bleeders on my 2010 and never even knew there was a difference in the two bleeders on each caliper. Another little item.... Clutch bleeder on 2018 is a totally different number. 22866-MF2-711. Since speed bleeders seem to come in pairs, I may end up with an extra if the clutch is too different.

explicitly checked 2002 & 2010

43352-HC5-971 -- looks longer nipple

43352-568-003 -- looks shorter nipple
Clutch has 43352-HC5-971 -- longer nipple

1 - 11 of 11 Posts