GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Requesting info on speed bleeders for 08 Wing. Brand and part numbers would be a big help along with where to purchase.
Thanks much !!!!!!!!
PS Most of the snow has melted in Michigan. Ya'll can come visit us now.
Ken Buquet ;)

·
Vendor
21,972 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Requesting info on speed bleeders for 08 Wing. Brand and part numbers would be a big help along with where to purchase.
Thanks much !!!!!!!!
PS Most of the snow has melted in Michigan. Ya'll can come visit us now.
Ken Buquet ;)
Here is the information you requested...
http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Click on the motorcycle link to get the size, all GL1800's are the same size. You will need 8 bleeders. They normally come two to a pack. You need two per caliper plus one for the anti-dive bleeder. That leaves you one left over, which is perfect for the clutch bleeder. Follow the bleed sequence in the manual exactly. Replace each OEM bleeder with a speed bleeder at each step in the sequence. If all you’re doing is installing the speed bleeders and bleeding, shouldn't take more then 30 minutes to swap and bleed. After that, 10 minutes. Make sure you don't let the reservoirs go dry while bleeding. The clutch bleeder is the toughest to get to due to its position behind the cowl.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Instead of spending a lot of money and time installing speed bleeders, you might want to consider this for $20.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/205/4935/ITEM/Motion-Pro-Hydraulic-Brake-Bleeder.aspx

It does the exact same thing and you don't have to install it on every wheel. You move it from bleeder to bleeder. It works like a charm.
Ahhh, dangit Fred. I wish you had told me about this before I installed my speed bleeders. As easy as the speed bleeders make changing the fluids, your idea would have been even better.:bow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts