GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2016 f6b
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not kept up with the 18 and newer, last I heard they had a 118 mph speed limiter. My 16 fb is speed limited to 125 and I think it sucks not that I do it very much but it sucks considering my 2001 and 2009 would do 130 +

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Have not kept up with the 18 and newer, last I heard they had a 118 mph speed limiter. My 16 fb is speed limited to 125 and I think it sucks not that I do it very much but it sucks considering my 2001 and 2009 would do 130 +
Get the ECU reflashed if the speed limiter is your concern....

·
Registered
2016 f6b
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the ECU reflashed if the limiter is your concern....

Thanks , I’m 62 and don’t really need to haul butt that much but got my a—s handed to me by one of my friends that has a 126 cubic inch Harley . Torn between buying new gw and buying a second bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
While The reflash doesn’t seem to be available for my year wing (20) I’m curious exactly what all you gain with the typical reflash? Also wondering if it’s customizable in any way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Tour, Candy Ardent red
31 Posts
Hmmmmm... Guhl is only a 40 minute ride/drive from me - once this snow goes away, I'd be tempted to see if they do walk-ins 🤔

On the other hand, for a company that specializes in bike computers / reflashing technology, I'm more than a bit leary of the fact that their website has several technical issues (at least on my mobile device)

Still might be worth an inquiry....

TD

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 f6b
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also do you have something for the 2016f6b, I was told there is a piggyback system to get more power but I thought they didn’t really help a lot. My sons Kawasaki 2020 zx10 got 25 hp more on a different tune and 34hp on mr12 tune. Seems like they could get more with some advanced timing on 93 octane

·
Premium Member
2020 Goldwing D C T
190 Posts
While The reflash doesn’t seem to be available for my year wing (20) I’m curious exactly what all you gain with the typical reflash? Also wondering if it’s customizable in any way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's available same as the 18 just doesn't show on the website

·
Premium Member
2020 Goldwing D C T
190 Posts
I might be wrong here but I thought the 2020 was available. I'm going to call them when they reopen.

·
Vendor
22,081 Posts
That never made much sense to me, Fred what will they do with a different ecu program
The new 112 mph (180kph) limit is a result of changes to Japanese legislation that restricts speed on vehicles manufactured in Japan. It used to be 200kph, but now has been reduced to 180kph.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
On the other hand, for a company that specializes in bike computers / reflashing technology, I'm more than a bit leary of the fact that their website has several technical issues (at least on my mobile device)
Something tells me they work on motorcycles, not web pages.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Something tells me they work on motorcycles, not web pages.
I completely agree with you - web design is likely not their forte, however I've been in aerospace quality control for 20+ years, so I'm particular when it comes to details, however small.

Like most small businesses, their website is most likely the first thing the majority of potential customers see, even those referred by word of mouth.

Having that 'public face' not working makes me question their concern for 'the details', and whether that lax concern permeates their primary business.

As an example, it's the same reason I'd second guess a decision to use a landscape company who's business property is unkept, a detailing shop with filthy vehicles, or a mechanic with an unorganized, dirty shop.

Just my opinion, of course 😁

In any case, back to the topic at hand, though I'd never use it to it's top speed, it would be nice to remove the nanny-state limiter - you know, just in case one of my H-D riding buddies wants to attempt some Goldwing bashing down the road 😉

TD

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 6 speed and the videos. The videos are done on an automatic and I have no problem with that. Yes the oil change is a tiny bit different.

Best money I have spent on my wing.
+ Another.

I bought Fred's videos the same week I brought home my fist-ever Wing - a new '18 Tour, just three weeks ago.

Though I currently don't have a 'need' for the series, I've already watched most of them in preparation for the future (I've also read 1/3 of the FSM already as well 😁)

Fred's video series is definitely worth the minimal cost.

If only he could come up with an easy, 10 minute procedure for air filter R/R 🤣🤣🤣

TD

1 - 20 of 79 Posts