GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

Premium Member
2020 Goldwing D C T
I completely agree with you - web design is likely not their forte, however I've been in aerospace quality control for 20+ years, so I'm particular when it comes to details, however small.

Like most small businesses, their website is most likely the first thing the majority of potential customers see, even those referred by word of mouth.

Having that 'public face' not working makes me question their concern for 'the details', and whether that lax concern permeates their primary business.

As an example, it's the same reason I'd second guess a decision to use a landscape company who's business property is unkept, a detailing shop with filthy vehicles, or a mechanic with an unorganized, dirty shop.

Just my opinion, of course 馃榿

In any case, back to the topic at hand, though I'd never use it to it's top speed, it would be nice to remove the nanny-state limiter - you know, just in case one of my H-D riding buddies wants to attempt some Goldwing bashing down the road 馃槈

TD
Exactly

Registered
Guhl does have an ECM reflash for the 18+. It removes the speed limiter, allows for 100% throttle in Tour mode, levels out the Sport mode, keeps in the last mode selected upon restart and some other items I'm not aware of as I personally do not have the reflash. As to the company's ability and reliability, they are very good at what they do and have been doing it for quite a while.

Registered
As an example, it's the same reason I'd second guess a decision to use a landscape company who's business property is unkept, a detailing shop with filthy vehicles, or a mechanic with an unorganized, dirty shop.
Not to keep beating this horse, but each of the examples you gave IS the respective example's business. If a web page designer or a graphic artist's page had the coding garbage on it, I would pass them by.

Guhl deals with motorcycles, not web pages. It could be they're so busy with motorcycle tasks, keeping an eye on the web page isn't at the top of their to do list. And, Don Guhl has a small operation. Make me wonder if he's still a one-man band due to the pandemic, because he was several months ago.

I have zero intentions of getting a flash. But, if I did, Guhl's reputation for getting it done quickly and correctly would negate any feeling I have about their web page.

Reactions: flevy1 and tdd2

Registered
I've been in aerospace quality control for 20+ years, so I'm particular when it comes to details, however small.
Like most small businesses, their website is most likely the first thing the majority of potential customers see, even those referred by word of mouth.
Having that 'public face' not working makes me question their concern for 'the details', and whether that lax concern permeates their primary business.
TD

Couldn鈥檛 agree with you more. The website for Russel Cycle Products comes to mind as I鈥檝e been looking there a lot recently and in past years. Much of the info and pictures haven鈥檛 been updated in over 5 years. However! They seem to be the outlier and have almost nothing but great reviews for their product. I鈥檓 sending my pan to them next month.
I guess you just never know but overall, I鈥檓 with you, I鈥檓 a details guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanks , I鈥檓 62 and don鈥檛 really need to haul butt that much but got my a鈥攕 handed to me by one of my friends that has a 126 cubic inch Harley . Torn between buying new gw and buying a second bike.
I doubt too may GW owners care about being out accelerated by a bike that's only good for riding to the bar...

Registered
Have not kept up with the 18 and newer, last I heard they had a 118 mph speed limiter. My 16 fb is speed limited to 125 and I think it sucks not that I do it very much but it sucks considering my 2001 and 2009 would do 130 +
Interesting. ALL things considered.................I wish Honda would LOWER the speed limiter on GWs.

Registered
I doubt too may GW owners care about being out accelerated by a bike that's only good for riding to the bar...

ding ding ding ding !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does ANYONE over the age of ....say 13....care if someone else;s bike is faster ?? Cmon now.....................

Registered
Good information in this forum about the ECM flash - I had mine done, worth every penny and the service was awesome.

Who cares about the web site - go old school and make a phone call!

Registered
ding ding ding ding !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does ANYONE over the age of ....say 13....care if someone else;s bike is faster ?? Cmon now.....................
Yes.... I would say most people who own a bike of some HP expects it to be fast and outrun most riders... and it bothers them if someone else can outrun them...

Premium Member
2020 Goldwing D C T
Maybe not but the Harley Riders do

Reactions: BalforeSnn

Registered
Interesting. ALL things considered.................I wish Honda would LOWER the speed limiter on GWs.
LOL!! Honda included this thing called a throttle that allows each of us to control the lower speed limiter on our GLs.

Premium Member
2020 Goldwing D C T
Also do you have something for the 2016f6b, I was told there is a piggyback system to get more power but I thought they didn鈥檛 really help a lot. My sons Kawasaki 2020 zx10 got 25 hp more on a different tune and 34hp on mr12 tune. Seems like they could get more with some advanced timing on 93 octane
The only thing for yourF6B that's available would be the Booster Plug.
It richens your fuel just a little bit. I have one for sale brand new for half price if you want one. It'll make the motor pull a little better but nothing to get excited about. Just for a Gearhead like me that wants a little smoother motor, little more pull with my new exhaust. There are a few F6 B's that had a little problem with stumble off idle and at low RPM. If you have that issue you probably want one. I have a new one I'll be installing on my 2020 which takes a different model to go along with my new exhaust.

Registered
... got my a鈥攕 handed to me by one of my friends that has a 126 cubic inch Harley . Torn between buying new gw and buying a second bike.
Let me know where your friend lives and I will bring an old school STOCK Honda

1983Honda V65 Magna11.07 1/4 mile time1/4 mile speed 123.62 mph Top speed 140 mph

PS Thats just 65 cubic inches and a cruiser.

Registered
Hey now I care. Last fall I had a drag race with my good buddy on his K16 out on a very lonely Nevada Hwy. :oops: Not only did he beat me but when my Wing hit 114 it backed down to 110. How embarrassing was that. :mad:.

Registered
Hey now I care. Last fall I had a drag race with my good buddy on his K16 out on a very lonely Nevada Hwy. :oops: Not only did he beat me but when my Wing hit 114 it backed down to 110. How embarrassing was that. :mad:.
Maybe you should race him to see who has to take their bike in for maintenance first...BMWs aren't known for great reliability...

Premium Member
2020 Goldwing D C T
That's okay you did it in comfort and style!

Reactions: Dougbug
21 - 40 of 82 Posts