GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend says his engine vibrates at 105 mph in 4th or 5th gear . has anyone elses friend had this problem?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Vibration

I don't think so. But, at that speed there is so much else goin on, I never noticed. That must be one heck of a vibration.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Mine is smooth as glass at that speed...um...I've heard...I mean...I don't have actual experience at that speed...wink :wink: wink :wink:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lat time I had my wing up to 105, I DID notice a vibration in my helmet.. Turned out to be my wife beating on the back of it, though... ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
vibrations

Had mine..... uhh a friend had mine up to 126 on speedo and smooth as silk, ..... he said. But nothing like 154mph on my FJR.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Nope, neither of ours has that problem!!! We are just waiting for the 167HP model with the 6 speed to be brought out for sale.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Since this discusion borders on....
poor judgement :roll:
Illegality :shock:
possibly fun 8)
If I (which I will neither admit or deny) would have gone in excess of 100mph :p I would have experienced No vibration - even if I were to have possibly gone over 110mph :twisted:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Hey Todd,
Were you allegedly anywhere near Montgomery Texas on Saturday when you allegedly checked out this supposed 105 mph vibration issue??? :?: Terry

·
Registered
457 Posts
No - Yesterday I was at the Lone Star Rally where There might have been (again neither confirm or deny) a speed experiment on 41 mile drive. But I was in Montgomery county last weekend.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
springbike said:
No - Yesterday I was at the Lone Star Rally where There might have been (again neither confirm or deny) a speed experiment on 41 mile drive. But I was in Montgomery county last weekend.
Okay it maybe just another new black wing in the area, that was the first black one I've seen around here besides mine. If you do ride up around Montgomery, Conroe, Richards, Plantersville, Anderson, or the Woodlands on the weekends you'll probably run across me most any weekend. Was the Lone Star Rally really wild and crazy?? I heard 3 different bike wrecks kiilled some riders. :cry: T.

·
Registered
147 Posts
exhaust note

At the higher speeds on my bike I have an exhaust note that cause a slight vibration in the foot pegs. At first I thought I had some kind of transmission problem. Had my friend Paul that has a 2001 ride it and we came to the conclusion that it was simply from the exhaust vibrating a little.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts