GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on our vacation up in Tenn ( we are still hear ) we got caught in the rain going to Maggie Valley and my speedo quit working and the F1 light came on. After a few hours it must have dried out and it started working again, that is until I washed the bike this morning. Again speedo not working and F1 light on for about three hours and then out of nowhere its all fine again.So I'm guessing it must be some kind of switch getting wet , any ideas on which switch or what I need to look for.

I'm thinking about either brake or cruise switches on the handle bars. When it happenes the cruise won't set , the blinkers won't cancel , the remote dose not work along with the speedo.The only good thing is the odometer dose not work either so I did'nt put any miles on the wing while this happens

BTW this is the first time this has happened, bought the wing new on June of 07 and now with 74,000 miles on it ,living in south Florida it has been on too many rain storms to list and has always been washed with soap and water after each ride. Thanks for any ideas and help..

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts