GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, I just got thru tearing bike down and fixing antifreeze leaks and adjusting valves. Gotbike all back together and have no dash lights and speedo dows not work, everything else seems ok. What to check for all the fuses are good, I'm figuring I left something unplugged but not sure. Is there anything else that may be affected? I want to ride tomorow and make sure all is running good. If have any others problems I could fix when I tear it back down.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,203 Posts
K, I just got thru tearing bike down and fixing antifreeze leaks and adjusting valves. Gotbike all back together and have no dash lights and speedo dows not work, everything else seems ok. What to check for all the fuses are good, I'm figuring I left something unplugged but not sure. Is there anything else that may be affected? I want to ride tomorow and make sure all is running good. If have any others problems I could fix when I tear it back down.
Are your tail lights working? If not, check the fuse for them, it powers the gauges as well. Did you unplug any of the connectors under the fairing pockets?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I had all unplugged but I thought they were al pluged back in. I took the fairing pocket out (left or clutch side) and pulled the dash. Then I decided I would do tomorrow so throw it back together. After reading your post I ran back out and checked running lights and everything is working. Who knows?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,203 Posts
yes I had all unplugged but I thought they were al pluged back in. I took the fairing pocket out (left or clutch side) and pulled the dash. Then I decided I would do tomorrow so throw it back together. After reading your post I ran back out and checked running lights and everything is working. Who knows?
Ok, you may have one of the plugs on the gauge assembly not all the way in or possibly a bent pin or even a bent pin in one of the connectors under the pocket. The gauge ones are tough to deal with. C7 under the left pocket is where the power runs through to the gauges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts