GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedo started acting up first not work then work, that started after, not for sure what happened but possibly bumped downshift button on kliktronic shifter when heasding out of town got the clutch pulllled in right away & pulled over to make sure things were okay & seemed like they were but i headed back home anyway to make sure while heading back home i noticed speedo not working then working again by the time i got home. Was goin on a ride about 4-5 days later & noticed the speedo not working & the F1 light on, so i pulled over & got the owners manual out & saw it could be a an injecter problem, well we jumped back on & went down the road & everything was ok & stayed that way for the 150 mile ride, now 4 days later goin for short ride & after fillin up with BP premium & got out on road & notice F1 light on again & no speedo. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this same problem & what it took to fix it ? Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated, ty Mike.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Sure sounds like something got unplugged under the shelter. BTW, Why are you using premium gas. My Goldwing manual says to use any gasoline 86 octane or higher. My trike runs like a scalded ape on 87.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do normally run 87 also but tonight the premium was closest & being in a W. C. I just grabbed the premium cause it was the 1 i could reach & i thought i would see how it would act on that gas, not so good i guess. I haven`t been messin with anything on that side of bike or even had any covers off but i will take cover & chk & see if anything has come disconnected, ty & have a good ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts