GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After mounting my new Sunny 195/55/16 on my 2010 Wing my speedo is off a bit. Not much- about 1 MPH. If the speedometer shows 60 MPH for example, my GPS says that I am really going 59. It was right on the money at all speeds with the factory Dunlop MC tire that came on the bike. OK, I can live with 1 MPH I suppose, but seeing as that my new Wing was my first bike ever with an accurate speedometer, I kinda hate it for it to be off now, even by a little bit. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
After mounting my new Sunny 195/55/16 on my 2010 Wing my speedo is off a bit. Not much- about 1 MPH. If the speedometer shows 60 MPH for example, my GPS says that I am really going 59. It was right on the money at all speeds with the factory Dunlop MC tire that came on the bike. OK, I can live with 1 MPH I suppose, but seeing as that my new Wing was my first bike ever with an accurate speedometer, I kinda hate it for it to be off now, even by a little bit. Oh well.
LOL That's what you get for listening to Rocketman when picking a tire LMAO just joking. I have run a Falken,a Toyo, and now a Yokohama on my 2010 the Falken and Toyo kept speedo spot on but the Yokohama is off that 1 mph you talk of but to me I could care less. And i am kinda really likeing this Yoko . Oh well good luck with the new Sunny it will be just fine LOL :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I ain't allowed to take my speedo off in public ,...anymore ;)

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Unfortunately there isn't a car tire with the same diameter of the stock tire. At least that I know of. In my case on the 08 with the factory error, a 195/60 corrected the error.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Hey Rusty, I can give you a good deal on a General G-Max. Your speedo should read 60, and your GPS 62 with it!

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Rusty, I can give you a good deal on a General G-Max. Your speedo should read 60, and your GPS 62 with it!
Nah, no thanks Rocketman. Hey- it was your fault that I even bought this Sunny tire! And you know what? It aint even sunny at all! It's just as dark as all my other tires have been. What's going on here???

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Before I went to the Darkside, my '02's speedo was off by about 4% when compared to the Garmin. Since the DS change it's closer to 2.5%.

Close enough for me, though it sounds like you're even closer.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
187 Posts
There JP goes picking on the Sunny again,jealousy will turn you into the green eye monster. :eek:4:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
There JP goes picking on the Sunny again,jealousy will turn you into the green eye monster. :eek:4:
HeHeHe I think not LOL. I am not much for tire's made from recycled Walmart plastic shopping bags LMAO. I leave that up to you guys and your leader Rocketman :yes1::yes1:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Thank god I almost blind now:cool:
I can send you pix ,to finish off eye sight !! Than I can get that camper quicker,blind guys can't pull campers or at least shouldn't :tongue:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts