GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Locate the three pin, flat connector between the speedometer and
transmission speed sensor. The speed sensor is located on the right side of
the engine under the top shelter and right front exhaust pipe protector.
2. The speed sensor has a 3 pin connector with green, white/black, and brown
wires.
3. Plug the SIM-1-GL into the mating connectors, the SIM-1-GL will now be in
between the speedometer and transmission speed sensor. Calibrate the
speedometer. (see steps below)
I was under the impression that the connector was under the right front compartment. Can anyone advise?
Buck

·
Registered
761 Posts
I put a Dakota Digital on my 05 about a year ago. If I remember right I had to take the trim strip off and get the right side of the shelter or faring loose. Then I could get at the connector. I think the plug is further down so you can not get at it by just removing the pocket. I think once you get ahold of it you can pull it up in the area of the pocket. It was just trying to find it the first time that was hard. Maybe somebody who has done this in the near past or has a better memory will post.

I will be interested to see how it works for you. I had trouble with it causing the bike to "surge" or hunt when the curise was set. I contacted them and they said that they had a few installations do this but at that time they did not know why. Their tech people were working on it. They had no problem taking mine back. I know that many have installed it with no problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dakota Digital

I think that you have just talked me out of it, there are a couple of units out there that there have been no issues with, now if I can just think of them
thanks==Buck

·
Registered
5,541 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
That's it!! Took a little digging in the boot for the connector.. The Speedo Healer works great, plug and play!

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
I also used the Speedo-Healer and its been trouble free for two years. My boot with the connecter was right under the lower right vent outlet tube and I was able to readh it by removing the right trim strip and screws. The unit itself fit neatly between the rubber block just foreward of the oil dip stick and the motor block - easy to get to for calibtration changes when I go from rear 70 to rear 60 tires or such.

prs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts